Saturday, April 21, 2012

My Baby is Three

And I just can't believe three years have passed since he came into our lives.

He's just such a sweet, sweet little boy. Every morning (well... most mornings) he wakes up with a smile. He greets me with a hug and a "Dood morning, Mommy!" I just love his little baby voice.

He wanted a blue fishy party, so I set out to make it happen.


Here's his invitation. You can't tell, but the bowl is away from the card just a bit.


For party favors, I put the kids' names in orange vinyl on blue water bottles. I tied some turquoise tulle and orange polka dot ribbon around the neck with a tag I made.


This was my first attempt at applique, and I'm so happy with how it turned out! I made matching shirts for all three kiddos, and my stepmom embroidered their names for me.


Cavvie loves "pupcakes," so I made some toppers for them.


I also made a fabric banner out of several different orange, blue and turquoise patterned fabrics.


I serged the edges of the flags with contrasting thread before I sewed all the flags to grosgrain ribbon. Then I zig-zag stitched around the circles in the middle.


I made tiny little cones to hold snacks at the party. These are about 3 1/2 inches tall.


I also made wave-shaped cupcake wrappers, with goldfish cut-outs around the base.


Most of the "stuff" I made for the party... including blue fishy confetti.


More cupcake toppers.


I made a tulle table skirt out of the banner fabrics, plus three different shades of blue tulle. He actually loved this table skirt! He's been using it as a "fort" for the last week and a half! I'm just glad it held up until the day of the party!


"Happy Birthday Cavan" fabric banner.


I ordered 4 shades of blue balloons to float on the ceiling. The banner on the back wall is one I painted for his first birthday.


I tied more blue tulle and orange polka dot ribbon around the handles of a blue basket, to fill with party favors.


Most of the pupcakes had paper toppers, but I sculpted a few orange fish out of white chocolate. I'm not a fan of orange drinks, or blue cream soda, but it matched them theme... so I used it. For snacks, we had goldfish bowls full of goldfish crackers and swedish fish.



Silly kids!


Silly, but adorable!


I can't believe I got a picture with all three of them looking at the camera at the same time!


Twice!!!


He couldn't wait for us to sing "Happy Birthday!" He grabbed a pupcake and dug in!


So we took it away and stuck a few candles (that Cullen picked out!) in it, and sang to him.

video



And he blew out the candles before we were even finished singing!


Silly boy!


But he knows what he likes!




They were chocolate chip cookie pupcakes, with some (eggless) chocolate chip cookie dough in the center. They were sooooooo good! We took 40 to the party, and only came home with six!


Grandma and Grandpa... otherwise known as Dad & Pat.


The boys playing with blocks in the museum.


Christian, Cullen and Jessica playing in the mercado.


Jakob and Cullen in the pioneer village.


Bamaw with the three yayhoos.


Hubs, Papaw and Cavvie.


Mimi, helping Cavan open his gifts.

Incidentally, this is the first birthday party that all the grandparents have attended. It was such a joy to have them all there. We have some blessed and loved kids.


The boys cousins playing in the veterinarian office. It was such a sweet little play area.


Poor Courtlyn! Her bubba took her doggie's food bowl!




Sweet Cayden, dressed in "snake boots." They have such imaginations!


Sweet little Courtlyn, playing with the "Choo-choos."


Cavvie was SO. EXCITED. to get his new blue "foo-wheeler"!!!


He had to "help" his daddy get everything put together. It was probably a good thing he was double-checking his daddy's work.


I just can't believe my baby boy is three.

Sniff.

Excuse me while I go wallow in misery, in a ball, sucking my thumb.

(P.S. Hubs says I have to tell you it's San Jacinto day, which is the day the Texans defeated the Mexican army and won their independence.)

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

What a great party! I love all of your decorations and totally feel you on all the crazy amount of effort invested in a 2 hour party. Why do we do this to ourselves?? At any rate, awesome job, mama. Looks like everybody had a fantastic time. Really sad we couldn't be there!