Sunday, April 15, 2012

I'll Gladly Pay You Tuesday, For a Hamburger Today

Please tell me I'm not the only person who remembers that.

Please?

My former school's annual spring fundraiser was a couple weekends ago. Each year they ask me to make a cake for the auction...


This was my contribution this year.


It was three layers. The buns were white cake with amaretto chocolate ganache, and the hamburger patty was chocolate cake with amaretto chocolate ganache and covered in milk chocolate modeling chocolate.


The lettuce, pickles, onions, tomatoes and french fries were gumpaste.


I made the seeds on the bun and the cheese out of white chocolate modelling chocolate.


The mustard was royal icing.


This cake smelled like Heaven! And was HUGE! Cavan was so excited to see it, and kept saying he wanted to take a bite.


I put a dinner fork next to it as a size reference, but the hamburger was about the size of a basketball.

Not sure how much it went for at auction. One person said $650; the son of the people that bought it said close to $1800.

Either way, I'd say my efforts paid off!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

You are awesome. :-)

MaryAnne said...

That cake is AMAZING!!! What a lucky former high school :)

Tracye said...

Thank you! :)

Melanie said...

I remember that line...it was from Popeye!! The movie with Robin Williams as Popeye!