Wednesday, February 1, 2012

So Much To Do; So Little Time

Starting with Valentines stuff.

I mentioned last week that I've been invited to a friend's valentine party. It's next week. And I'm not ready.

But, more importantly? I'm having a party here at my house this Friday. And I'm not ready. I know I have a couple days, but still. There is so much cooking, cleaning and organizing to do between now and then. I get overwhelmed really easily, and this is one of those times. I know it's all in my head, and I'm the only one putting this pressure on myself... but that doesn't change the fact that it's there. And I'm feeling it.

I saw on facebook once that cleaning the house while the kids are at home is like brushing your teeth while eating oreos: completely pointless. That is so true! I get frustrated when I'm in one room, cleaning, and they're in another, destroying. Unfortunately, we can't afford daycare, even once or twice a week, so I have to do it all in a mad rush while they're napping, or at night when I should be spending time with Hubs.

Speaking of nights, I'm not sleeping. And I can't figure out why. I've cut out caffeine during the day, and naps, and yet I still lie awake until at least 2:30 or 3 in the morning. Believe me, when you can't fall asleep until 3, and your kids wake up at 7:30 or 8, it's really hard to resist taking an afternoon nap!

Anyway. Enough of my whining.

Yes, I'm in a crappy mood. And not doing much to disguise it.

Hopefully I'll be back to my normal sarcastic self soon.


1 comment:

MaryAnne said...

Blame the pregnancy on the not sleeping at night...

And this is EXACTLY why my house is such a mess right now!

Have fun at your party - and good luck getting ready for it. I'm sure it will be wonderful =)