Monday, November 21, 2011

My Christmas List

People (mainly Hubs) ask me all the time (not really) what I want for Christmas. There are always a few things I'm wanting. But it seems the second someone asks you, every thing you have ever wanted completely escapes your memory.

So... to make it easy (on myself!) I thought I'd post a list of what I'm hoping finds its way under my tree this year.

{DISCLAIMER: I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO ADD TO, SUBTRACT FROM, AND/OR MODIFY THIS LIST AT ANY TIME.}

{BUT IT WOULD BE REALLY OUT OF CHARACTER FOR ME TO SUBTRACT FROM MY WISH LIST.}

{JUST THOUGHT IT FAIR TO WARN YOU.}

{I'LL STOP NOW.}

{YOU'RE WELCOME.}

And away we go..

1. Some vinyl. I have a bunch of projects swimming around in my head that I'd really love to actually make.


2. Some fabric ink. See reason #1.


3. Some heat transfer material. See reason #1.


4. A Food Saver. Lots of people I know have them, and even more people recommend them. I think it would make my life a little easier.


5. A Keurig coffeemaker. I've lost my taste for coffee, but that's pretty normal for me during pregnancy. I have not, however, lost my taste for hot tea or hot cocoa. And I'm sure I'll get my taste for coffee back. I'm thinking one that brews multiple sizes of drinks (i.e. 4 oz, 6 oz, 8 oz, 10 oz, 12 oz), and one that has a large water resovoir.


6. A pretty casserole dish. A big one.

7. Fancy-pants kitchen cannisters.


8. Pretty much anything found at Pottery Barn or in the Willow House catalog.

9. A new set of king-size sheets. Preferably white or pale blue.

10. New pajamas. I just looooove new pajamas. I think I'm due for a pair in a toile print.

11. A Le Creuset (apparently "Le Creuset" is French for, "HOLD ONTO YOUR WALLET, SISTA!") dutch oven. (Side note: HOLY CRAP! I just looked at the price of these things, and all I can say is "WOW!") So it doesn't have to be "Le Creuset." Any pretty-colored enameled, cast-iron dutch oven would be nice. Lodge makes nice ones, I believe.


12. Fluffy white towels.

13. This chandelier. But Plow and Hearth doesn't have it listed anymore, so good luck finding it! Seriously, I've tried. So if you happen to find this chandelier and give it to me, you'll be my hero forever.


14. An embroidery machine. It's my list, and I can be as extravagant as I want with my wishes!

15. A NEW CAR!!! (yelled in Pat Sajak's voice) But not really. Because I absolutely loooooove my vehicle. And it was last year's Christmas gift. But it's not a car. Not by a long shot. Heh heh heh. But you can give me a gift card to any gas station! That would be great!

16. And... while I'm dreaming big, a pool for the new house. Specifically, this pool. The other items above I'm willing to take your choice on the sizes or colors, but I must put my foot down somewhere. And I choose here. I'm taking a stand, and I say if you get me a pool for Christmas, it should be this one.


SINCE WE TOOK OUR CONTRACT AND PAPERWORK TO THE MORTGAGE COMPANY TODAY!!!!!! YIPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! We may actually have a home to put a pool behind very soon!!!

17. Since we're building a new home, Lowe's and Home Depot gift cards WOULD BE MOST APPRECIATED! Any little bit helps the bottom line.

18. While we're on the subject of our new home, I would love to have a Command Max HVLP Sprayer by Home Right. We have sooooooo many pieces that need to be painted (an unfinished pine armoire, two dressers, nightstands, beds, walls, exterior siding!) and the Command Max would make that job so much easier!


19. Apparently, the baby has developed a fondness for Whataburger fries. So a big orange "W" card wouldn't be inappropriate, either. You know, to nourish the baby. The BABY. NOT my bottom. Which seems to possibly be getting a little too much nourishment.

20. I have beautiful babies, and, since I'm about to have another one, I'd love a new camera lens. Specifically, the Canon EF lens, 50mm 1.8. It's a great lens for shooting portraits, or other subjects up close (read: cakes/crafts) and I have been wanting one for some time.
And, if Santa's not too busy, he could bring peace on Earth and goodwill to men and all that jazz.

But only after he brings me my pool.

5 comments:

MaryAnne said...

That pool is amazing.

I want a new sewing machine, but I don't think I'm getting one. DH doesn't get why there's a difference between my 13yo bottom-line machine and newer, more expensive ones.

Anonymous said...

i love your list...have you been that good??? i will kick him to wake him up to at least read your list... good luck on at least a few of your wishes...maybe i can help with the W one ha ha love ya mil i like a girl who knows her mind

Tracye said...

MaryAnne, I think maybe you and I have the same machine! Mine works great for as often as I use it, though. I used my stepmom's super-duper-fancy machine to quilt the boys' quilts, and it was sah-weet! But I'd be terrified I'd break it!

Mary, I actually have been better than that good! But I don't really like to brag. ;)

Linda said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE reading your blogs - you are so creative in EVERY way and word! Now on your list to do from me, add an editor for a mommy magazine! Still waiting for the little bake shop on the square! :)

Tracye said...

Thanks, Linda! You're sweet! I think being an editor for a magazine would be lots of fun, but so far, they haven't been beating down my door. But that's probably because we moved. I'll bet they show up aaaaaaaany day now. ;)