Thursday, November 3, 2011

He Cracks Me Up!

Tonight, it's supposed to get pretty cold here.

And by "cold," I mean down to 38. I think it's the first time it's dipped that low since last winter. We're all eagerly anticipating the colder temperatures, but it gets rough for Bo.

He's a Golden Retriever, and will be 14 years old this December. Hubs and I bought him on our first anniversary.

He's a great dog, but his age is really catching up with him. Sometimes his joints bother him, and he stumbles when he climbs the porch steps.

Christian noticed him doing it tonight.

"Dad, Bo was having trouble getting up the steps tonight," she said.

Hubs told her she should give him a baby aspirin.

"Okay. How do I give it to him?"

"In his heinie."

There was absolutely no hesitation when she said, "I think I'll pass."

We actually had to go find her, to tell her to just wrap it up in a piece of bread so he would eat it!

I don't remember the last time I laughed so hard.

2 comments:

MaryAnne said...

Poor Christian =)

Anonymous said...

smart girl..ha ha mary