Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Jakob's Cake


My little cousin Jakob's fourth birthday party was rolled in with the big Independence Day celebration our family had over the weekend.


His mom asked if I would make a purple guitar-shaped cake.


The cake was too big to keep cold (super firm and solid) so I had some shifting/sagging issues with the fondant.

I wanted to try airbrushing some silver flames to break up all the purple.


I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JAKOB! I HOPE YOU ENJOYED YOUR CAKE!

4 comments:

kelsey said...

Thank you for promptly meeting my demands for pictures of the cake, ha! It looks great and I'm pretty bummed that I didn't get to taste it...talk about bad timing on my part. I love the flames, definitely a nice touch. What did you use for the guitar strings?

Sweet Tooth Desserts said...

Wow this is very cool!!

Tracye said...

You're welcome, Kelsey! If you hadn't reminded me, I'm not sure I would have remembered. My parents and I didn't taste it, either, but it was just vanilla cake/chocolate buttercream and chocolate cake/vanilla buttercream. I used some silver thread for the strings. It was already much later than I wanted it to be, and didn't want to fight with fondant to make them edible... and then have to paint them, too.

MaryAnne said...

I love the flames =)