Tuesday, January 4, 2011

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO THE BEST HUBS I COULD EVER HOPE TO HAVE!!!

Yep. It's been a whole fourteen years since I walked down the aisle, in a poofy, overly-sequined, tacky-by-today's-standards-dress, and over-the-top veil and train. My veil was fingertip length and dotted with pearls, and the train on my dress stretched all the way to the next county.

If I had it all to do over again, I'd change every dadgum thing about that wedding. But then, I've never been accused of being so fashion-forward that I'm 15 years ahead of my time, so I should expect that what was "in" then, would most definitely be "out" now.

That day I was walking toward my future. To a life of love and happiness, albeit one lacking in peace and quiet. Apparently our combined genes make Chatty McTalkersons. Gorgeous Chatty McTalkersons.

I can't believe I've been married for 14 years. I can't believe how big my children are getting. But mostly I can't believe that Hubs cracked open his wallet as joyfully as he did this past weekend. It was definitely out of character. ;) Love you, Hubs!

We celebrated the New Year (and our anniversary three days early) by taking said Chatty McTalkersons to San Antonio for the weekend. We (along with some friends) rented a couple of suites for the weekend and went to a hockey game New Year's Eve. Saturday we shopped until we dropped at La Cantera, and we ended our visit with a trip to Sea World.





Obviously Sea World was still decked out in all its Christmas splendor.

Christian was lucky enough to be kissed under the "World's Largest Mistletoe."

Clearly she enjoyed herself.

A sweet lady from Oklahoma said we just had to kiss under the mistletoe, too...

So we did.

I'm so glad we did! Wouldn't have wanted to miss that opportunity!



It was so cold in San Antonio that day, I actually had to stop at an Academy and buy a sweatshirt.

And it actually snowed on us!

It was in the Polar Express 4-D show, but it counts!!!

That was the coolest show! It snowed in the theater when it snowed on the movie; you got sprayed with ice when the train skidded sideways on the ice; as Santa's sleigh flew overhead, the lights moved all around you; and you felt the train's rumbling in your seat! This was in addition to the 3-D special effects. We really enjoyed it. Well, all except Cullen, who thought it was too loud.

But then it snowed outside the candy cane factory, too!

The smell! If only you could smell this place!!! Yummmm! `
I'll post about the rest of our trip another day (not promising it's going to be soon!), but I just really wanted to wish Hubby Dubby a Happy Anniversary.
He made it so special, and I'm so thankful to have found him. I'm thankful he's mine forever and ever. But mostly I'm thankful for the really cute shoes he bought me! ;)
Love you Hubs!

2 comments:

mzzterry said...

Happy Anniversary!! I love that you took the whole gang to Seaworld!

Thanks for the comment about the snow photo on my blog, i took that last February when it snowed here. I love that photo too....it is an old barn behind the homestead of some old people we went to church with when we got married, back in the 70's! They are passed on now and I don't know who lives there, but I loved the way that it looked in the snow.

Enjoy your 15th year of marriage! It gets sweeter every year!!

MaryAnne said...

Happy Anniversary! Congratulations on 14 years, and what a fun way to celebrate!