Monday, December 6, 2010

Happy Birthday Cullen!

Four years ago we went from being a family of three to a family of four.

I wasn't really sure about having another baby. And I really wasn't sure about the "other" baby being a boy.

First, I didn't want another baby taking my time and attention from Christian. Second, I just never thought I'd feel as deep a bond and connection with a baby boy as what I had with my precious girl.

I could not have been more wrong, on all accounts.

He stole my heart, and to this day hasn't given it back.

He's definitely high-maintenance, to be sure. Always has been. But he sure does have me wrapped around those little fingers. Those cute little fingers.

And his personality!!! He's like no other.

Hubs came home from work this morning so we could give him his gift together:

Fear our mad wrapping skillz.

I told him to get some clothes on (he was butt-nekkid on our bed watching train cartoons) so he could go open his present.

"Did yew git me a car?" he asked.

"Ummmm... what?" I asked.

"Yeah. We got you a '65 Mustang. Now get dressed!" Hubs said.

We took him outside on the back patio, where his gift had waited all night.

He opened it and got so excited!

He immediately jumped on and took off... then stopped, cocked his head to the side and asked, "Where's my Mustang?"
Love you, buddy. Happy birthday to my sweet Baby Love.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

he is such a mess.. he is my boy not papaws...maybe both...he is the light of my day... happy birthday car, train, and tractor boy...bamaw

MaryAnne said...

What a cutie. And what an awesome birthday present! Happy Birthday to Cullen!

mzzterry said...

too cute. you have an incredible family. i hope you all have a blessed Christmas.