Thursday, December 31, 2009

Resolutions

I, Internet, am no quitter.*


Earlier today, I decided to, as my New Year's Resolution, tackle this mountain of clean laundry before midnight:
Do not envy me because of the exciting life I lead.

Then a very helpful friend reminded me that New Year's Resolutions are things we resolve to do differently, or improve, in the new year.

So, I present, my Retroactive New Year's Resolutions for 2009. You can, too, do that!

Anyway, in no particular order:

Have a baby.

Check.
Make some cakes.


Check. Check.
Fold, iron, and put away everything within my laundry basket.

I'm down to ironing four pairs of pants and folding a few towels.
Check.

Learn to crochet.

Check.

Have surgery on my unmentionables.


(No picture for this one. You're welcome.)

Check.

Play in the snow.

Check.

Become an aunt. Again. And again.


Check. And check.

So, as you can see, I have had quite the successful year.

Here's to hoping I accomplish just as much in 2010. I'll post those resolutions next year.

Maybe.


Happy New Year!













*Except when whatever I'm doing gets really hard.


Or just hard.

2 comments:

maryanne said...

You are a very entertaining writer!

Happy New Year, thanks for the laugh, and I hope to see your 2010 resolutions next December ;)

P.S. I have a load of laundry like that sitting on my dining room table.

Tracye said...

Thanks, Maryanne!

I aim to please.