Thursday, October 8, 2009

Thankful Thursday

There are many things for which I am thankful today.

This face, and the smell of the head he's grabbing, are two of them.

Ask Christian any time, any where, what my most favorite smell in the whole wide world is, and she'll groan and say, "My heaaaaad."

It's true. When I spent a week in Chicago two years ago (has it really been that long?) and then a few days in Nashville, the first thing I did when I got back was smell my babies' heads.

Yankee Candle Company could make a fortune if they could just capture that smell. Assuming they capture the smell before the kids go outside. After that, they just smell like little puppies.

I'm also thankful for this face:

And for little boys who tee-tee on the potty. As long as they get it in the potty. Because I'm not so thankful when they miss.

FYI, Hubs was the one who intruded on his private time. Although he deserved it. Whenever I would like a little privacy in the bathroom, Cullen barges on in saying, "You need piracy, Mama? You need piracy?" And then proceeds to shut the door, sit down on the floor and talk to me.

Aunt Kelsey? Aunt Kelsey's private time is very soon coming to an end. Just sayin'.

Chubs decided he needed to break-in one of Harrison Walker's new toys at Kelsey's baby shower last weekend.

And I'm thankful that Chubs has aunts and uncles who think he's as precious as we do. Because I think that's precious.

I'm thankful that my kids get to spend time with their Papaw and Uncle. And that they have the opportunity to take a "Three Generations" picture. We'll have to put little Harrison Walker in there soon.

I'm thankful that I have the time to make cakes for the people I love. This was for Kelsey's baby shower.



I'm also thankful that God has granted me a teeny tiny amount of ability to make useless gifts like these:

It's a diaper cake. Which is kind of ironic, considering a diaper is where cake would end up.
So I guess it's kind of like the circle of life.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

the kids are great. i loved to look and eat the wonderful cake. Aunt Kelsey will be in for a surprise when Harrison gets here. Can you imagine the fun when we get altogether. love my family mil

maryanne said...

Love your baby shower cake! You've definitely inspired me to learn how to use fondue, but I think I'll wait until my three kiddos are slightly older - no idea how you get it done!

Crystal said...

Your kiddos are so cute, and the baby is growing so much. That cake is awesome, I LOVE the details! And a diaper cake is not useless, it's adorable.

kelsey said...

Love, love, love the cakes!!! I have the diaper cake sitting on the dresser and I don't want to take it apart! I had a great time last weekend. Can't wait to add one more kid to the mix...

Best S.I.L. said...

How sweet are you? I love the outfit on Chubs. The striped one...that is one of my very faves!! It is so soft. Do you know that outfit has been through 6 kids now including chubs? Gap is great!! Much love to you all!!