Saturday, October 3, 2009

Something to Call His Own

A couple weeks ago I got an e-mail from a friend. She said she was sending me something in the mail.

Quite honestly, I expected a coupon for diapers, or maybe a picture of a cake she'd seen.

A puffy package arrived a few days later, and I was blown away:

It's a set of burp cloths and car seat strap covers for Chubs!

Cavan hasn't really had much to call his very own. Just about everything he owns has been hand-me-downs from his brother and cousins. Don't feel badly for him; the kid has plenty.

But this! This is brand-spanking-new, and made just for him!

She did an amazing job, and I am quite impressed. The car seat strap covers are reversible, so they can either be saddle-bronc riding cowboys on a blue ground, or cow print. They're cushy and soft, and delicate on his chubby little cheekies. She wrapped them up so cute, with a little ribbon and a baby linking ring that matched the prints. I'm a sucker for pretty packaging.

I really love these burp cloths. My babies are quite prolific spitter-uppers, and we seem to go through several cloths a day. It's nice to have something other than plain white ones. Assuming ours are white. Which they were. Seven years ago. But whatever.


I do believe I'd like a quilt made out of these fabrics.

If you're in need of special, custom, one-of-a-kind burp cloths, car seat strap covers or quilts, check out her etsy shop. I promise you won't be disappointed!

Thank you so much, Tracy! We LOVE them!

2 comments:

maryanne said...

Very cute!

My babies are prolific spitter-uppers too...

Tracy said...

Okay, this is it... Let me know what you think... I mean what you honestly think


http://quiltsnhorses.blogspot.com/2009/10/cowboys-mermaids.html