Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Two days in a row... it's probably going to rain.

Friday night was like prom for first-graders. Or at least it was for my first-grader. I guess technically she's a second-grader now, though. But I digress.
It was her friend's dance recital, so I did her hair, make-up (!!!), nails, let her wear my necklace, and let her take a special-occasion bag. She even wore perfume. And was gorgeous and yummy-smelling.
She had a wonderful time. Here she is with her friend before they left. I really like the way the leaves look behind them. The way they're blurry and the light looks like circles. It's called "bokeh," and I've been trying to get a good shot of it since I got this fancy-pants camera. Wow. Only took me five months. All the photogs of the world are trembling in fear. I can feel it.

After they left, Hubs took Cullen out to our land to ride around on the four-wheeler. So I had Rascal Fatts all to myself. I put his new blanket on the front yard to try to get some pictures of his beefy self.

Yummy! I could just eat him up.

And these?

Oh, these are dessert. As long as there's not any cheese in between those rolls. Which is usually not the case.

Sorry. That's probably more than you wanted to know.

It just wouldn't be fair to end this post without a picture of this face:

He was angry because his daddy wouldn't let him ride the tractor. It was only because Hubs was trying to cut up and haul away this tree:

It had been damaged in a recent storm, and since my FIL is working out of town right now, Hubs took care of it for him.

And lastly, a picture of Hubs using the tractor to load up some of the limbs he cut off.

But wait. What is that? Let's take a closer look, shall we?

Ah yes. It's a chainsaw stuck in a tree.

Which, if I remember correctly, is something Hubs mocked my brother for just a couple weeks ago.

Karma?

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Great pictures! You have 3 beautiful kids!

Erin said...

Great lookin kids!! Ur daughter looked gorgeous!

Driscilla said...

Christian was a delightful "prom" companion. I enjoyed sitting by her. The girls were so cute. They loved the makeup and the sparklies and you could tell they loved the idea of being grownups for the evening.