Monday, June 8, 2009

Not much...

Just a few veggies from our very first garden. This is actually the second MONSTER zucchini we've gotten. They hide deep in the vines until they're HUGE. We also got another normal size zucchini, and a few handfuls of green beans. Not enough for even one person. Unfortunately, they wilted and had to be thrown away before we got enough to cook with dinner. Can you freeze zucchini? I don't want to get a bunch and then they all rot before we eat them. I also don't want to eat it with every meal, either.

I made four loaves of zucchini bread with one monster and one normal one. It was really good. I gave two away and froze one. We ate the last one for breakfast for about a week.

There are a few more small zucchini still out there, a few yellow squash trying hard to make it, and one acorn squash that's still pretty small. This is the first (and only) cucumber I've seen. I think I picked it too soon, though. I guess I won't know for sure until I eat it. The carrots are coming up, but won't be ready for a while. Ditto for the corn. I can't wait until we have fresh, grilled sweet corn! I could make a meal out of just that. We planted a few onions, but I haven't seen any yet.

Here are a few pictures of my COMPLETELY HEALED baby. First, asleep in his carseat:
And rolled up tight like a burrito for a nap:
We had him dedicated at church yesterday. He was so good. When the pastor held him up for the congregation to see, and they put his fat little self on the jumbo screens, he got his fair share of, "Awwwwwwww," 's. He wore the same little gown and slippers that Cullen wore when we had him dedicated.

Wasn't he just the skinniest, handsomest little baby? He's been skinny from the beginning.

We'll take Cavan's picture in this gown in a couple weeks. With both Christian and Cullen we had pictures made every month during their first year. Can't quit now.
Have a great Monday!


2 comments:

James ~n~ Amber said...

That second shot is too cute !

Anonymous said...

the garden is doing great...all that help from christian...right??? cavan is such a good baby. he is just waiting his turn to really shine like the other two angels. He was great in church...wonderful day..love to all mil