Saturday, June 27, 2009

Latest Cake

No, it's not big news... it's just a cake.

I made it for my OB and his staff (especially his nurse, who's soooo sweet, knowledgeable and helpful) as a thank you.

It was white almond sour cream and strawberry swirl with chocolate ganache filling. They thought it was cute... which I was really glad about. I kept changing my mind over making this one or just a simple pretty round cake. I also took plates, forks and napkins; I wasn't sure what would be available at a women's clinic. I'm guessing tableware isn't kept in stock.

My doctor seemed really touched and kept saying, "Nobody's ever done anything like this for me before."
He's a really good doctor, and has a wonderful personality. Not to mention he takes unbelievable pictures! I took one of him and his nurse holding Fatty McButterpants, but don't really want to post it. I didn't ask if they would mind, and certainly don't want to without their permission.

I hope to not see him again with one of these in my hand for quite some time!!!


4 comments:

Melanie said...

That is an awesome cake and so sweet of you to make that for them. I don't know how you find the time to make those cakes with 3 kiddos and not a lot of sleep. you go girl.

Erin said...

That is such a neat idea! I bet they all got a laugh out of it!
Your kids tee shirts are cute, too.

emily said...

Cute cake/idea!

Hey Traceye! Thanks for checking on me. I'm fine; just have lost my blogging mojo! Life is good and busy. Hope you are well!

Linda said...

you are so talented and thoughtful!