Monday, June 22, 2009

And Now, Deep Thoughts...

My greatest fear in becoming a mother was always sleep deprivation.

I need a lot of sleep. When I don't get enough I get sick. I've never been accused of being nice (shut up Courtney! you, too, Mom!) but without enough sleep I'm downright intolerable.

My greatest fear in becoming a mother should have been this face:


And all the times he's emptied the flour canister in the pantry, and all the times he's taken off his poopy diapers without telling me, and all the times he's emptied entire bottles of soap onto the floor, and all the times he's destroyed his sister's room while I'm feeding the baby, and all the times he's walked around the backyard hitting random things (and windows) with a hammer, and all the times he's turned his slushy upside down in the car, and all the times he's "rocked" the baby in the bouncy seat when I've stepped out of the room, and all the times he's thrown a fit and screamed loud enough to shatter glass, and all the times he's emptied his bathwater onto the bathroom floor, and all the times he's climbed onto the kitchen counter, and all the times he's sneaked into the pantry and had himself a little party with the snack basket, etc...


But this little face?


Kind of makes up for it.

I just hope he doesn't teach his baby brother any of his tricks.

4 comments:

MaryAnne said...

That final photo is adorable!

Anonymous said...

he is my sweetheart. he is just trying to see how life works. He is going to be a mechanic on all things. Cavan does not have a chance...i see him watching both siblings and wondering why can't i get up and do that...cullen has the cutest face of all. he really is an angel.... maybe when he sleeps??? love all the kiddos and you too. his papaw and christian (she is just sneaky and gets away with more) must be to blame... as i am innocent of spoiling any of them...get some sleep and see you all soon. love ya mil

Melanie said...

Man, he is a handful...a cute handful though. I hear ya on the no sleep--I'm not a nice person without sleep either.

Crystal said...

Can I just say that that post was all the birth control I needed today? Thanks.