Friday, May 22, 2009

Update on Cavan

We haven't been back to the doctor, yet, but I wanted to let you all know what's been going on, and thank you again for your prayers. We asked, and He answered, which He is so faithful to do. Even when we may not like the answer we get.

In this case, I'm LOVING it.

Cavan has been flailing BOTH arms! He can lift his left arm over his head, rotate it, move it across his chest, close AND open his fingers, all with NO PAIN!!! In the last two weeks, we have seen dramatic improvement in not only his range of motion, but also in the amount of movement. He no longer lets it hang limp when we pick him up, and has actually been getting in the way during feeding time, because he's moving it so much! When he startles, it's usually with both arms now.

We go back to the neurologist on June 4, and I'm probably still going to get a second opinion, but I believe (and believe that they're going to second my opinion) that he's completely healed! Hallelujah!!!

Christian was so excited the first morning we saw a drastic improvement. She said, and I quote, "MOM! I PRAYED FOR HIM, AND HE'S HEALED!" Which is exactly what we believe.

Thank you all for your faithfulness, and your faith!

Things I never thought about (riding a bike, catching a ball, tying his shoes) would have been so difficult for him.

I praise God for healing Cavan. I know it's a miracle, and we're so thankful for it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

he is such a joy. i had faith that God would hear all the prayers and thank you's from all the wonderful people. Thank you for helping heal him. he has a wonderful family that will stand behind him no matter what. Keep the faith. mil

James ~n~ Amber said...

Hallelujah ! I'm glad to hear about your baby. God is so good all the time !

Thanks for the congrats, I couldn't believe I won something, especially at random !

Have a great day !

MaryAnne said...

Wonderful news!

Best S.I.L. said...

Again, God has shed his light on you! You are so blessed and we are blessed for having you in our lives! Wonderful news! Love, hugs and kisses!

Kelsey said...

Oh Tracye, that is WONDERFUL news!!!! I can't wait to come down and visit you all and finally meet the little guy! Thanks for the update. God is great!