Monday, April 13, 2009

Update on Cullen

He's still sick.

Today officially marks one week of daily vomiting and diarrhea. Multiple bouts daily, actually.

Hubs and Christian each had it for a day, but got over it very quickly. I never got it, just keep feeling queasy.

Cullen has been keeping his breakfast down, and sometimes lunch, but then throws everything up just before dinner. Then he's starving and wants to eat everything he sees or can think of.

We've been feeding him rice, applesauce and dry toast or crackers, and lots of pedialyte.

Today he is SUPER grouchy and whiney. Every "no" sends him into a fit.

Any takers?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will always take that darling baby boy! I may return him quickly, but I will always take him!!! Tell him Mimi loves him!

Melanie said...

Dang--still puking? what the heck? I feel for you guys. What did the doc say...that it would just run its course?

Tracye said...

YOU CAN HAVE HIM!!! But I promise, you'll send him back!

Yep, the doc said it would run its course in about a week. Which is today. Except he feels feverish today for the first time all week. Not sure what that's about. We're supposed to just give him a BRAT diet (bananas, rice, applesauce, toast) and pedialyte, both in very small amounts. Which is great in theory, but when you have a starving kid who won't drink much pedialyte, what do you do??? He's starving, so we feed him, and cross our fingers and pray that he keeps it down. And try to get him to drink as much as possible, but all he wants is food.

Best S.I.L. said...

I'll take him!! Poor thing! I don't know who I feel worse for, you or him!! Hang in there. Pretty soon you will have ahouse full of people to help you and you will want all of us out! Love to all...