Saturday, April 18, 2009

Please Pray

I found out last night that the mother of one of my former students died in a car wreck yesterday afternoon.

Her daughter is a senior this year, and is one of the brightest, sweetest, most talented and charismatic young ladies I've had the pleasure of teaching.

Her mother was probably the strongest, most devoted and caring moms I've ever met. She was a true woman of God, and expected nothing less than the best from her children. I know she's in Heaven, and I keep reminding myself of that, but it doesn't lessen the pain for the daughter and husband and son who's still here.

I didn't sleep much last night. I kept up a rambling prayer for my student that wouldn't have made sense to anyone but God. I'm thankful that even when we don't know the words to pray, the Bible says in Romans 8:26 "In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express." She has a tender heart and I know this will make the end of her senior year more difficult than anyone could have imagined.

Please, please pray for this family.

5 comments:

Mzzterry said...

so sorry. will pray for your former student & her family & also for you.

Lisa said...

I'm so sorry Tracye. That is heart-breaking. You, your friend and her family are in my prayers.

Becky said...

I stopped by to congratulate you and let you know I'll be praying for your week.

I was so sad to read this post. I will be praying for your student and her family. I'm so sorry that they have to go through this heartache.

Anonymous said...

i am sorry for the loss for the family. i will pray that God watches over them. I hope you get some peace also. hope you are doing alright. love ya mil

The Smiths said...

Thank you for the comment. The LIFE cake was pretty awesome looking... and very expensive as well, but it was a great conversation piece of the party. I looked at a few of your cakes and they're pretty awesome. It amazes me that people are able to create cakes like that. I LOVE the bathtub one. Very cute.
I was just sitting here thinking about how time is going to fly from now on, and i realized that I just posted a few days ago about being 28 weeks and in just two days I'll be 29 weeks. It's crazy. It has gone by so quick, but in the same breath it can't come quick enough.
This whole belly button thing suprises me as well. I always thought it didn't pop out until the very end yet these days I hear about some women getting their outties in their mid-20 some weeks. The things they don't tell you before you're pregnant.
Anyhow. Thanks again for checking out our blog. Good luck with your little one... Jackson will make a great middle name for him :)
(and sorry to hear about your student's mom. It's always horrible when things like that happen, especially when they happen to the best of them. My prayers!)