Saturday, April 11, 2009

In Which I'm Not So Bitchy Grumpy

My house is clean!!!

Let me say that again:

MY HOUSE IS CLEEEEEEEEEEEEEAN!!!

It hasn't been this clean since the builder pulled his people out and we started moving boxes in.

The floors, bathrooms and kitchen have been filthy, but I just haven't been able to clean them. Not only is it awkward and hard on me, but I just don't have the energy. So I looked in the yellow pages for housecleaning services and started calling places. They seemed a tad overpriced to me, and by "a tad," I mean, "Hell-o! I intend to send my kids to college, thankyouverymuch!"

I had my hair trimmed and touched up Thursday night, and asked around the salon if anyone knew of a good cleaning service. Turns out, my former boss has a lady that he's really happy with, and he recommended her to the parent of a former student, and she is also really happy with her. So I called him and asked for her number. He said she does a really great job, so I called her on Friday.

She doesn't speak English, so her daughter translated over the phone, and asked if they could come look at my house. They came maybe 30 minutes later, and checked the place out. I heard the word "dirty" whispered a few times. But they were right... it was. I just had to laugh. Cleaning a bathtub or shower stall hasn't been exactly on my list of priorities lately. Or, like, EVER. I told her all I needed was for the carpets to be vacuumed, the tile floors swept and mopped, and the bathrooms cleaned.

So she said she'd be here today at 10:00.

She left at 2:30, after moving almost every piece of furniture in the house, SCRUBBING the shower stall (it's clean, for the first time since the grout dried!), cleaning every square inch of both bathrooms, polishing the wood cabinets, cleaning the dust off every surface, fluffing the pillows, making the beds, cleaning the ceiling fans, moving every knickknack I own to clean them and under them, dusting the pictures and crosses on the walls, and cleaning the mirrors. Lord only knows what else they cleaned.

I'm giddy.

I think I'll go take a nap.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

YAY--it's so nice to have a clean house and especially when you didn't have to lift a finger.

Huse Yo Mama said...

YAY!!! I'm so excited for you! I think that counts as nesting!

Erin said...

So jealous!! If I could, I would get a cleaning lady. Cause really, who has time for that? Unless you are getting paid for it!