Saturday, April 4, 2009

I'm Going to Be an Aunt!!! Or an Uncle!!!

So tired.

So very, very tired.

Today we went to my in-laws' house to celebrate my brother and sister-in-law EXPECTING THEIR FIRST BABY!!! Yay for Rick and Kelsey!!! So yes, I'm going to be an aunt! Or an uncle! You know, depending on whether it's a boy or a girl. ;)

We discussed baby names, since ours is STILL nameless, and talked about potential names for their baby. Nothing's concrete, obviously, since they just found out. Should be here late November to mid December.

I'm so excited, especially since I won't be pregnant when s/he gets here, so I'll get to make cute baby stuff for them. I love doing that.

After lunch, we came home so Cullen and I could take a nap. When we woke up, we headed back out to the country to a party at the home of one of Hub's mentors. They were celebrating one person's retirement, one officer getting a job with the ATF, and Hub's graduation from the FBI National Academy.

Hubs volunteered to bring beans, so we cooked FOUR POUNDS! I am happy to report that of the three pots of beans at the party, ours was the ONLY pot whose bottom was visible! Apparently they were a hit. We brought home maybe enough beans for one serving. I have to admit, they were pretty good.

So today has been a busy day.

Tonight I'm finishing up a cake for my former school's annual fundraiser. It's tomorrow afternoon. Last year, my cake went for $500 at auction! I hope the cake I'm working on now brings in a good amount, too. It's another bathtub. My third one. It's really all I can manage. I'm just so tired, and so BIG, that I can't do anything elaborate or time-consuming. So, like I said, I hope they like it.

Wish me luck!

So tired.

So very, very tired.

P.S. I went to the OB again yesterday. Lies. All lies.

P.P.S. Okay. Maybe he didn't lie. Maybe I'm really not dilating at all.

P.P.P.S. But I better be soon.

5 comments:

Kelsey said...

Is it weird that I blushed when I started reading your post because I still feel like a total fraud?! I'm definitely experiencing the morning (and day and night) sickness, but it still feels surreal!

I have not the slightest idea what I'm doing or what I'm in for, so be ready to unload some advice my way. You've certainly got the experience and your kids have turned out quite well, so I'm officially making you one of my life lines. ;)

Kelsey

Tracye said...

I COMPLETELY understand that feeling! It's not until it's obvious that I really "felt" it.

I'm glad you think my kids are decently-behaved... at times... when they're asleep.

You're going to be an AWESOME mommy! I just can't wait!

Love you!

Melanie said...

YAY--Congrats to Rick and Kelsey--Kelsey--I think I've only met you 1ce or 2ce but I remember you were super nice and had a great attitiude--ther perfect combo to being a good mom. I've known Rick since we were kids....if he survived being the younger brother of you know who than he can get through anything! haha

Tracye--when is your exact due date? Not that they are ever exact. haha

Anonymous said...

i cannot wait for all the new babies this year. i get the huge family we always wanted... must be nuts...great to have all of you in one place.. crazy times... my babies are well behaved... they boss me real good. i love all of you and enjoy all of you..what a crew...my son threatened me last night by saying wait until next year and you can have all 4 here to take care of all at once...old woman.. love ya and hope the baby comes soon. cannot wait to be told i can not hold it by my other grandchildren.. hogs... they already said i don't need anymore to hold... ha ha mil

Best S.I.L. said...

Love the Friends reference!! How many got that, I wonder?