Monday, April 20, 2009

BOO!

Does anyone remember the scene from The Princess Bride, when Princess Buttercup is having a bad dream, and Ye Olde Booer yells:

"BOO! BOO! RUBBISH! FILTH! SLIME! MUCK! BOO! BOO! BOO!"

No? Well, begin watching this at the 5:24 mark to get the full effect. Or you can watch the whole thing to test your Princess Bride skillz. I just love that movie, but I digress.

That was pretty much my feeling after my visit to the OB today. I'm due on Thursday, that's just three days from now, and yet there's still NOTHING going on in the baby-vacating-the-premises-department. I saw him last Thursday, and he wanted to see me again today. He actually looked disappointed himself, and maybe a little sad. He said he was really surprised at the lack of progress that's going on.

I woke up at 5:30 Saturday morning, and laid in bed awake for two hours with LOTS of pressure and discomfort. I just KNEW I'd be waking up Hubs any minute to tell him my water had broken and we needed to get the heck out of Dodge... and fast, since we live outside of town. Eventually I fell asleep again, and woke up to the feeling gone. I was so sure it would be the day. The funny thing is, Hubs said he had that same feeling, minus the pressure and discomfort. The big jerk was sleeping pretty soundly from what I could tell. Same thing on Sunday. So when I went to the doc today, I just knew he was going to freak out that I had a baby staring back at him, and rush me over to the hospital to deliver.

But nooooooooooo. THIS baby isn't ready to come out yet. And not for some time, apparently. Hubs walked me to the car, and I bit his head off about something (does it really matter what?) and he said, "Hey! Don't turn this into a gripe-fest at me! I'm just as anxious as you are to get this baby out!"




(Crickets.)





(More crickets.)





(They're getting louder.)





Then he amended it by saying, "Okay. Maybe I'm not quite as anxious as you are. But I really do want you to have him soon!"

So forgive my grumpy moodiness, if you will.

I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo over housing a toddler in my abdomen.

Please, everyone, send OPEN thoughts my way. My cervix thanks you.

P.S. To the men that read this blog man that reads this blog my brother: I'm sorry I typed the word cervix.

5 comments:

Linda said...

Hey Tracye-
I googled your blog and found it! I think it is so neat that you keep up with it! I am praying for ya girl!!

Melanie said...

How big were Christen and Cullen? any plans to induce or no? they normally don't induce when you're not dilating correct? Hang in there girly--hopefully your water will just break in the next day or 2 so you can get that pre-schooler out so he can start Kindergarten in the Fall. haha

Huse Yo Mama said...

I'm sending up "open cervix" prayers!! Also astounded that you didn't go APE at the "I'm just as anxious as you" comment.

Anonymous said...

My poor baby girl!!! My heart goes out to you more than you will ever know. Wish I could be there to hug you and keep Cullen and Christian at bay and help with the cooking and cleaning and "awffles" and stuff. I'll be there shortly after he decides to pop his head out! I love you!

Anonymous said...

brother says: gross...ick!!! A brother should never have to hear about, read about, think about, reference his sister's cervix. I'll be in my corner in the fetal position trying to overcome the desire to run outside & gag myself with post hole diggers just to purge the thought from my memory.