Saturday, March 21, 2009

Seven years ago today I was visiting my OB. It was my due date. I got the depressing news that I was not dilating at all... and so we would wait. He told me that if labor hadn't started by Monday (it was a Thursday) he would induce. And so I went back home, to lay on the couch, and wait. And hope that baby would FINALLY come out. She did... three days later, weighing in at 9 lbs 4 oz.

One year ago today Hubs and I were secretly excited over the fact that we were expecting our third baby. We hadn't told anyone the news, but were planning on surprising everyone (Christian included) at her sixth birthday party the following day. Two days after that, on her birthday, I lost that baby.

Today I spent the morning folding and putting away tiny newborn clothes, and trying to remember when I had last seen Christian and Cullen in those sweet little nightgowns and sleepers. It's sweet to remember, but it also hurts a little. My babies are getting so big. In about a month, God-willing, I'll see our new little baby wearing them all over again. I can't wait to meet him. Poor, nameless baby.

Time is flying by.

1 comment:

Duke_of_Earle said...

So, where's the picture of that prize-winning cake!??

John