1. I am really, really bad at being pregnant. I absolutely hate it. Can't wait for it to be over. I hurt. I can't sleep. I'm HUGE. I'm bitchy. Okay, bitch-ier. Because anyone that knows me knows that I'm always bitchy. Courtney, shut up.
2. Nothing seems to help the hurting or the not sleeping, which really doesn't help the bitchiness.
3. I hate the word "bitchy," but it's really the only word that sums up my current state.
4. I don't have much energy, either. See numbers 1 and 2.
5. This lack of energy doesn't help the state of our home. There has been a growing pile of clean laundry needing to be ironed sitting in my living room for the past two weeks. I just can't seem to find the motivation and strength to do it. Meanwhile, the dirty laundry seems to be multiplying, too. The floors are filthy, the sheets need to be washed, and the whole place needs de-cluttering. I'm beginning to feel overwhelmed.
6. I had a dream that the baby came early and we weren't ready. Although he now has clean clothes, folded and in his drawers, diapers, wipes and a place to sleep, so it can't be too terrible. I think I'm just stressed out because we haven't put the crib together (although I washed the bedding) and there's so much housework to do.
7. I used to use Cullen's naptime as a time to get things done around the house. Now it's MY naptime, too. I'm having so many contractions at night that they're keeping me awake (along with the excruciating pain in my back and hips) and I wake up continually throughout the night. Which means I'm super tired during the day. And it starts all over again at night.
8. Hubs is sick. I hate it when he's sick. He coughs and coughs and coughs, and it's so loud it has to hurt. Does he stay home from work? Nooooooo. The city might slip into mass chaos without him there. He never goes to the doctor, either. He prefers the gallons of Nyquil and bags of cough drops route. He just looks like he feels awful, but he won't stay home and rest.
9. My lower abdomen hurts. I'm experiencing a lot of dizziness and shortness of breath. My OB says it's pretty common, especially late in pregnancy when the baby starts to crowd the lungs. And boy is he crowding the lungs. Going to the grocery store has become a dreaded weekly task that I'll do almost anything to get out of. Well, anything that involves sitting on the couch with my feet up.
10. I have the two most precious kids on the planet. They're in the bathtub right now, covered in bubbles, and are taking turns drinking water from the faucet. Random giggling can be heard. I love the sound of them laughing and playing together. Especially if it means I can have five minutes of peace.
11. Peace time is over. Cullen apparently slapped Christian. I know, because she whined it to me in a sing-song voice.
12. I hate the sound of whining.
13. Hubs and I still cannot agree on a name. I swear, if he doesn't cave, I'm going to hold out until... I don't know. But something. Something really bad.
14. Someone remind me again: why are we having another one???