Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A Few Things I've Noticed

1. I am really, really bad at being pregnant. I absolutely hate it. Can't wait for it to be over. I hurt. I can't sleep. I'm HUGE. I'm bitchy. Okay, bitch-ier. Because anyone that knows me knows that I'm always bitchy. Courtney, shut up.

2. Nothing seems to help the hurting or the not sleeping, which really doesn't help the bitchiness.

3. I hate the word "bitchy," but it's really the only word that sums up my current state.

4. I don't have much energy, either. See numbers 1 and 2.

5. This lack of energy doesn't help the state of our home. There has been a growing pile of clean laundry needing to be ironed sitting in my living room for the past two weeks. I just can't seem to find the motivation and strength to do it. Meanwhile, the dirty laundry seems to be multiplying, too. The floors are filthy, the sheets need to be washed, and the whole place needs de-cluttering. I'm beginning to feel overwhelmed.

6. I had a dream that the baby came early and we weren't ready. Although he now has clean clothes, folded and in his drawers, diapers, wipes and a place to sleep, so it can't be too terrible. I think I'm just stressed out because we haven't put the crib together (although I washed the bedding) and there's so much housework to do.

7. I used to use Cullen's naptime as a time to get things done around the house. Now it's MY naptime, too. I'm having so many contractions at night that they're keeping me awake (along with the excruciating pain in my back and hips) and I wake up continually throughout the night. Which means I'm super tired during the day. And it starts all over again at night.

8. Hubs is sick. I hate it when he's sick. He coughs and coughs and coughs, and it's so loud it has to hurt. Does he stay home from work? Nooooooo. The city might slip into mass chaos without him there. He never goes to the doctor, either. He prefers the gallons of Nyquil and bags of cough drops route. He just looks like he feels awful, but he won't stay home and rest.

9. My lower abdomen hurts. I'm experiencing a lot of dizziness and shortness of breath. My OB says it's pretty common, especially late in pregnancy when the baby starts to crowd the lungs. And boy is he crowding the lungs. Going to the grocery store has become a dreaded weekly task that I'll do almost anything to get out of. Well, anything that involves sitting on the couch with my feet up.

10. I have the two most precious kids on the planet. They're in the bathtub right now, covered in bubbles, and are taking turns drinking water from the faucet. Random giggling can be heard. I love the sound of them laughing and playing together. Especially if it means I can have five minutes of peace.

11. Peace time is over. Cullen apparently slapped Christian. I know, because she whined it to me in a sing-song voice.

12. I hate the sound of whining.

13. Hubs and I still cannot agree on a name. I swear, if he doesn't cave, I'm going to hold out until... I don't know. But something. Something really bad.

14. Someone remind me again: why are we having another one???

5 comments:

Lisa said...

((((Tracye)))) At least your sense of humor is intact! :-) :-) :-)

Anonymous said...

darling, just wair... you have cullen and a new boy soon. christian said she will help all you need...but so will i. i wish i could do something to help the time pass faster.. but then again you might not really appreciate that either when the time comes. hang in there and all will be fine. if you need me call...see you soon. mil you are doing great really!!!!

Best S.I.L. said...

You are having another one because you love to watch your baby while they are nursing and you love the fact that you single-handedly provide that nutrition for them. You love that first coo and that first smile. You love that when you come home, hubs does that one redeeming act, whatever that may be, that shows that he adores you and is so overwhelmingly proud to call you his wife and mother of his children. You are having another one because you love the sound of children laughing and playing. You love busy a bustling house during the holidays, you love the smell of a newborn right out of the bath. You love all the new. You are having another one because you want to have the home that you didn't. You want to be surrounded with the most precious gift that has ever been created. You are having another baby because you and hubs LOVE children. You make beautiful babies! You are having another one because you have so much love to give, that you had to have one more person in which to spread it. Tracye, you are in the last lap. Hang in there. Call Custom Maid Service and go sit outside for a few hours. If you are feeling overwhelmed to the max - come over!!! I will take the heat!!

Oh, you are also having another one because you always feel like you are in constant competition with your sister in law...hence the two boys, one girl, hence, the "C" names.

Just kidding!! You know I love you and hubs and those snotty little kids of yours!!! I wish you all the love and luck! Let me know if I need to take Miss Thang to school that morning!

Melanie said...

Treat yourself to a maid service so you can rest! I don't know how you have that many kiddos and do what you do---I couldn't do it... so YOU GO GIRL!! Name the kid Comet since you probably need some to clean your house. hahaha.

Lori - The Simple Life at Home said...

Oh, I was bad at being pregnant too!! I remember laying on the bed at 28 weeks crying and wishing I'd go into early labor because, "the baby can survive at 28 weeks!!!!!" I just wanted to be DONE with it.

I'm sorry you're not feeling well. It's an awfully uncomfortable time, but it's almost over. And, yes, sometimes we wonder why we chose to have those kids, but then they give us a big sloppy kiss and we know why. You are doing great!