Allow me to present to you,
"Proof that Cullen is the most anal-retentive baby on the planet ever."
1. He must eat a waffle for breakfast with a glass of milk. Every morning.
2. He must eat said waffle on the same spot on the couch. While watching Bob the Builder. Every morning. See where he's sitting in the picture below? That's his spot. If Christian happens to be sitting there, war will ensue, during which, "SCOOO OVER SISSY! SCOOO OVER!!!" is yelled multiple times.
3. When he watches tv in my bed, he must have this blue and white striped pillow, minus the pillowcase, stacked on top of one of my bed pillows.
4. When he watches tv in my bed, he must be laying on my side of the bed. Doesn't matter if I'm already there. War will ensue, during which "SCOOO OVER MOMMA! SCOOO OVER!!!" is yelled multiple times.
5. When he watches tv in my bed, he must be watching Caillou. Which I cannot stand. That kid annoys the crud out of me.
6. This blanket, a.k.a. "Ganket," must go everywhere he goes. Everywhere. If we don't remember to bring it with us, you can be sure that by the time we leave our neighborhood, war has ensued, during which "GANKET? GANKET?? GANKET???" is yelled mutilple times. The yelling gets more desperate with each refrain. We have found that no other blanket in the world has the qualities necessary to achieve ganket-dom. And trust me, we have tried. He looks at us like we're nuts, and repeats, "Ganket?"
11. When we read him a book, he must sit in our lap. Not on the couch, not next to us on the floor, not next to us in the chair. ON OUR LAP. That's just how reading is done. Period.
12. As soon as he hears Hubs unlocking the front door, he runs to it, sees Hubs, and yells, "HOCK-OGGS! HOCK-OGGS!" Which is Cullen-speak for hot dogs. It happens every. single. time. Hubs. comes. home. I say it's because that's the only thing he ever feeds the kids when I'm out at a meal time. Hubs says there's no explanation for it, and has taken to telling Cullen to hush, because he's getting them in trouble. In trouble for what, hmmmmm?
I know there are many, many more, but they escape me at the moment. This picture's not proof of anything, except the fact that my kids are adorable, and he can be nice and share candy with his sister once every few months.
A few funny things Cullen said while we were out last night:
"Dannit!" over and over and over. Which means dammit. It's so very hard to look menacing and authoritarian when you're laughing, because the second you tell him not to say that, he laughs and yells it again. And again. And then when his daddy yells at him to not say that, he looks around innocently, like he's wondering who did something naughty. And then looks at me the second his daddy turns back around, and whispers it again. And again. And laughs maniacally.
"Aw, come on, LADY!!!" Not really sure who he was yelling this at, but I'm relatively certain his daddy needs to seriously tone down the road rage. There's absolutely no other explanation for it. None whatsoever.
And, lastly, the second we pull into our driveway, "Get out? HOLD ON!!!" In a loud, gutteral-sort-of-growl.
If nothing else, he keeps us laughing.