Friday, February 27, 2009

Cake Show This Weekend... Wish Me Luck!

The Capital Confectioners 5th Annual That Takes The Cake Sugar Art Show and Cake Competition starts tomorrow!

I've been working like crazy, and I have two pieces to enter.

This is a recreation of Cullen's second birthday cake, only smaller.




I'll post pictures of the other piece tomorrow. It's probably the most elaborate, most time-consuming sugar piece I've ever worked on.
Hubs came up with the idea, and between him, Christian and my mom, the thing got out of control!
Wish me luck!






3 comments:

Lisa said...

I can't wait to see the other cake! That tub cake is precious! You did an outstanding job.

Hey Tracye, do you have a Facebook page? I found out about the show because Kyla (along with Lorraine) are friends on Facebook. I'd love to attend just to gawk at all the entries.

Will you get to take a class with Debbie Brown??? :-)

Have a great time!

Tracye said...

Thanks, Lisa!

I do have a Facebook page, but there's absolutely NOTHING on it. For some reason, it's exceptionally rare that I'm able to get on Facebook. It shuts my whole computer down.

I didn't get to take a class with Debbie Brown. She's awesome, though. I got to take some classes from her last September. Hurricane Ike hit while she was here, and she had a very interesting time! I did get to talk to her for a bit, though. She's really sweet and an AWESOME teacher. I think she's going to be here all week teaching, and I don't think the classes filled up, if you can take a spur-of-the-moment trip!

Michelle said...

Hey girl!! how are you?? these cakes are AMAZING!!!!LOVE,LOVE,LOVE them!!!