Saturday, January 24, 2009

Randomness

I just realized that it's been a while since I've posted about nothing. Maybe that's not entirely true. This whole blog is about nothing. Like an ongoing Seinfeld episode, but I digress.

Wow. If you could only see how many typos I had just now. My fingers and my brain aren't communicating yet. I guess 11:30 in the morning is still too early.

I stayed up super late last night, working on a birthday cake for my two sweet nephews. Their birthdays are within a week of each other, but three years apart, so my brother and sil always have a double party. That's today. I'll post pics of the cake soon, I promise. For now, I don't want them to check here before they leave (my blog is that high on everyone's priority list, no?) and spoil the surprise. They have no idea what it's going to look like.

Onto the randomness. Because, so far, this post has been anything but random.

First up, all the free toothpaste I scored last week at Walgreens:



That's 26 tubes, for those of you who are counting. All FREE. Actually, not free. I made ten cents per tube. Woo hoo! Hubs is on the fast track to retirement now, baby! They were on sale, 2 for $2.79, and I printed online coupons for $1.50 off per tube. So I raided all the Walgreens in town, multiple times, to end up with this much. I really hope I realize when we run out. I'd like to know how long 26 tubes of toothpaste lasts. (On a side note, do you like "Fun With Fonts Day?")

Christian wanted to be in the picture...

Pay no attention to those wreaths behind the tower of toothpaste. Those are NOT Christmas wreaths. They're... ummm... VALENTINE'S DAY wreaths. I'm waaaaaay ahead of the game.

Also last week, Cullen decided he's not fond of his five o'clock shadow, and decided to shave. Only he couldn't find his toy razor, so he just thought he'd use Daddy's.


It didn't work out so well for him. Can you see his "mustache"? His lip bled and bled and bled. He apparently didn't like the feeling of the band-aid on his lip, because he kept making this face:


Video would have been funnier, because he kept opening and closing his mouth as wide as he could, over and over and over.

And then we had a visit from "The Naked Cowboy."


Here, he's yelling at me, "Stick 'em up!"

Lastly, a few pictures from just minutes ago:


Apparently, the four times he already brushed his teeth this morning weren't enough, so he decided to lick all of the toothpaste tubes in the kids' bathroom. I swear this kid gets into EVERYTHING!!!

The next one better be normal.

6 comments:

Crystal said...

Wow, you got an awesome deal on the toothpaste! All of those pics of Cullen are too funny.

Kelsey said...

Your kiddos are so stinkin' cute!

Melanie said...

Man, your family will have the cleanest teeth in V-town! HAHA--those pics and stories of Cullen crack me up.....man, he's a handful!

Cat@3KidsandUs said...

LOL I think ya'll will have clean teeth until denture time.

Anonymous said...

cullen is a doll. he really is innocent. you are silly if you think any one of your hubs kids could be normal. they have the silly gene from his dads side. they are the cutest kids on earth and don't forgetit. luckily they have a great mother that takes care of them. and a grandmo to spoil them...not really.

Erin said...

Good for you and your toothpaste deal. I always find the best deals on them. But I don't think that good!