Monday, January 12, 2009

In which I pat myself on the back...

Saturday, for the first time in MONTHS, I emptied my laundry basket. Completely emptied it. There has been clean laundry, just needing ironing, in there for a very, very long time.

Saturday, I washed absolutely every scrap of dirty fabric in this house, dried it all, folded it all, ironed it all, and put it all away.

It took the. whole. day.

Sunday, I swept/mopped/vacuumed all the floors.

I'm feeling rather proud of myself.

Today I went to Walgreens.

I bought:

2 cans of Quaker oatmeal
1 box of Kleenex tissue
2 containers of Lysol disinfecting wipes
1 bottle of Fantastik! cleaner
1 bottle of Windex cleaner
4 tubes of Colgate toothpaste
2 tubes of Aquafresh toothpaste
1 container of Scrubbing bubbles flushable bathroom wipes
2 bottles of Lysol toilet bowl cleaner
1 container of Windex glass cleaner wipes

I spent $14.48, and will be getting a check in the mail back for $3.79.

Now, if my fil's heart surgery goes well today (please lift him up in prayer!) it will be a perfect end to a few good days.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Wow, you should be proud of yourself! That's a lot of laundry. I hope I do that well on my Walgreen's trip later this week, you did great!

Jenn said...

WTG!! That's a bunch of ironing. I was lucky to get the dishes done and Miss Bee's clothes washed before running out of energy when I was pregnant with Sweet Pea. If you feel up for a challenge you can come to my house!