Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to all of you!

Here's the Christmas card that Myra of Moon & Back Studios made for us:


I think she did an AWESOME job!!! Obviously, I put "Hubs" over his real name, so that's slightly different!
I didn't place my order until December 16, so she got them done and shipped super-fast. We got these in the mail on Tuesday at noon. I got them addressed, sealed and stamped, and back at the post office by 2:30!!!
We've been trying to clean up the carnage from the gift-fest in the living room... and watching the kids play with all their new stuff. It was a lot of fun. Now the turkey's in the oven, and torturing me with its garlic-buttery smell!
I hope you all enjoy the day with your families and friends.
I didn't sleep well last night. I woke up a lot. Each time I did, I was impressed with the magnitude of today. I just kept thanking God for the gift of His Son so many years ago.
I'm so thankful that Mary was open to sacrifice. She was about 14 years old when the Angel of the Lord appeared to her. She could have said no. But she didn't. She was obedient, and knew there was a bigger picture than inconveniencing her for a time. Joseph could have divorced her when he found out she was pregnant. But he didn't. He also was obedient to the Lord's calling. I don't know if I would have said yes. But I'm thankful they did.
Let's all remember to take some time to think about what today is really all about.
Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Staci said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family! Beautiful cards!