Sunday, December 7, 2008

Happy Birthday to Cullen!

Cullen turned two yesterday, and we had his party at the kids' museum. I love having it there. No pre or post-party clean-up!


Here's the Birthday Baby (I can say that. He will ALWAYS be my baby. ALWAYS.) playing with the trains in the Education Station.


Christian and my nephew, Colton, playing in the "Doctor's Office" part of the museum.


Her cousin, Savhannah, waits for her baby to be treated.


Is this why it always takes so long at the doctor's office? Are they just in their private office talking away?


This is my niece, Caylee, on stage in the theater area. They have a wooden stage with a curtain and rows of chairs for the audience. Behind the curtain is a ton of dress-up clothes and puppets.


Here's my nephew, Cayden, playing in the mercado. They have a whole 0ld-Mexico area, with baskets of fruits and vegetables "for sale," old wooden tables where the kids can pretend to grind corn with a mortar and pestle, or make tissue-paper flowers. There's also lots of old-world Mexican decorations and artifacts.


Here's my brother, my sil (who's too skinny. I hate her. While we're on the subject, my other sil is too skinny, too. I also hate her.), and their oldest, Colton, playing around in the science exhibit. Okay. I don't hate them. I love them. I just hate that they're super-skinny and beautiful. Makes me want to crawl under the covers and suck my thumb. But I digress.


Apparently, the saddles in the country exhibit were a lot of fun.



For kids of all ages. As my brother and dad can attest to.


Here's a picture of my brother, posing with my sil's "Mini-Me," a.k.a. Caylee. Isn't she beautiful?


My personal, "Oh Dear God!" moment of the day. I wonder how many kids with snotty noses put that in their mouths. (For the record, Cullen was not sick at all when this picture was taken. Please pray with us that does not change.)

Him's my wittle baby. My baby love. He has the yummiest cheeks, ears and toes. And, oh, his hair! I could just feast on his hair!

I'll post more detailed pics of his cake later. It turned out pretty cute! I felt so bad because last year he got the simplest cake I've probably ever made. So I had to do something a little more dramatic this year.


And finally, his most favorite toy. He loved it so much, he couldn't wait until we got it out of the box to ride it. It was so sad, the way he would scoot that box along the floor, deperately whining, "Open! Open!" Finally hubs took pity on him and got it out. He loves this thing!

video

5 comments:

Huse Yo Mama said...

Happy Birthday, Cullen! How sweet was that day!!!? Awesome!!

By the way, I had 683 unread blog entries. I erased most of them, because I just couldn't possibly get to them all....but I had to read this one!!!

Melanie said...

Happy Birthday Cullen! I was cracking up about how much you hate your skinny SIL's. haha. The cake looks really cute....can't wait to see it close up. :)

Mzzterry said...

Fun Party! Super cute kid!

Melissa said...

Looks like a fun time!

Also, stop by my blog to pick up an award I left yoU!

Dee said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! That looks like a total blast!