Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Christian's new look

Last Monday we went to a Thanksgiving party at Hubs' office. Christian got some raw carrots, and I noticed she wouldn't bite them with her front teeth.

So I asked her about it, and she said they hurt.

Thankfully, we already had a dentist appointment scheduled for that very afternoon.

When we got there, I whispered to the secretary that I wanted the dentist to remove her top front two teeth. You may remember this:

I can't find any pictures showing it, but one of them turned gray. He said it

was full of blood, but still alive. They were loose, but she wouldn't wiggle them. I was wondering how much longer I was going to have to look at those dark teeth! It just looked so sad.

So he took them out. She didn't feel it. There was also one on the bottom that was just hanging there (ugh!) so he just popped that one out, too.

At one point he told her, "Christian, you're going to make some money tonight!"

After he was finished, he told her to have a happy Thanksgiving, and that I had something to tell her!

She sat up and asked if he had taken out all her teeth. I asked, "What do you mean?"

She said, "Did he take out these top two in front?"

I told her that yes, he had.

She said, "So I have three teeth gone?"

I told her yes.

She said, "I AM going to make some money tonight!"

Unfortunately, the tooth fairy only had a ten dollar bill and a one dollar bill with her that night. She didn't think one dollar could cover three teeth, especially after oral surgery, so she left the ten, hoping she could get out and get change the next morning before Christian woke up.

No such luck.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Why is the inside of her lip all red? Dang--that's a rich tooth-fairy...it's all that money you saved on Black Friday. heehee

Tracye said...

That was from when she was at a friend's house and they were playing. She ran into the girl's room just as the girl slammed her door shut, hitting Christian square on the mouth. It knocked all her teeth backwards, cut her lip open, chipped a tooth, and the whole upper lip swelled up with blood. They brought her home, thinking she only had a cut lip. All evening I kept telling her to suck it up and get over it; everybody's had a busted lip.

The next day (at a conveniently regularly scheduled dentist appointment) the dentist told me all that was wrong with her mouth, and I almost hyperventilated!

I have serious teeth issues. They just really freak me out. Any mouth injuries terrify me.

Best S.I.L. said...

Where is the rest of the story? It is like you cut if off short b/c Cullen was dancing on the dinner table again. HAHAHH!! Just kidding!

Jenn said...

I think $10 is really reasonable considering she's got 3 teeth up front gone at once! My neice had the same problem only her's fell out on their own and took for ever to come in.

I bet she looks adorable and now she can sing that song...."All I want for Christmas...." :0D