Wednesday, November 19, 2008

MomDot Blog Party-Day 6

Today's question is: What is your favorite holiday memory from your childhood?

Hmmmm...

I must confess, I have the world's worst memory.

I'm trying....

Okay, here's something: I do remember wanting a Cabbage Patch Kid really badly. We visited my mom's mom for Christmas that year. Mom, Gramma, my brother and I were going to visit another family member in the same town, but Dad stayed behind at Gramma's house. I think he was unloading our car. I remember turning around and seeing him holding something up and kind of waving it around, but then when he saw me looking, he quickly shoved it back into the trunk. It was my CPK! I had to pretend to Mom that I didn't know what he was holding up, but she knew I saw it.

I don't remember this, but my mom does: She says that they stored all the Christmas loot in an empty apartment next door to my Gramma's. Gramma managed the apartments, so she had keys to them all. Mom says one day she and Gramma left to do some shopping/visiting, and when they drove up, Dad was leading my brother and me out of that apartment. He had sneaked us in there to look at all our stuff! To this day Mom is angry about it! She says he stole her pleasure in seeing our faces on Christmas morning.

For more Christmas memories and bloggy fun, go to MomDot.

Today's question is brought to you by Flying Colors Baby, Uncommonly Cute and Lollipop Book Club.

5 comments:

Cathy said...

That's the fun of Christmas, the surprise of gifts. Oh well, I'm sure you still loved everything you got!

Allison said...

That is so funny!!! Thanks for sharing!!

sandy said...

I remember the Cabbage Patch Kid craze. I didn't get one:(

Diana - FreeStyleMama said...

I always used to peek when I was a kid!

Momstart said...

You should win something I see your comments on the party list ALL the time, and you aren't the only one that has trouble remembering