Monday, November 17, 2008

MomDot Blog Party-Day 4

MomDot's Blog Party continues!

Today's question: What is your favorite holiday recipe? Describe your holiday table. What is your biggest holiday cooking disaster?

It's just not the holidays without my Gramma's cornbread dressing. Bake a batch of cornbread, crumble it up extra fine, add two stalks of chopped celery, two chopped hard-boiled eggs, and a can of chicken broth. Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes. It's unbelievable!

My holiday table at Thanksgiving is empty! I don't remember the last time we held a Thanksgiving dinner here. We usually go to my brother's house, where there are about 30 or 40 people. At Christmas, it's just the four of us, but I cook enough for triple that, at least!

Thankfully, I don't think I've had a holiday cooking disaster... yet!
Day Four Blog Party Question is Brought to you by Bottlewise and Glow Mama
Day 4 is sponsored by:

8 comments:

MMJ said...

Sounds somewhat like my Mom's dressing...yum! I will be attempting to make it this Thanksgiving (with her by my side of course) and taking notes! Happy Holidays!

Tena said...

wow, you all have a big gathering at the holidays, that is fantastic

Staci said...

That cornbread dressing sound delicious! 30-40 people must keep things lively!

Jenrab said...

Thank goodness for no cooking disasters! and that dressing sounds awesome!

Michelle@lifeinawhirlwind said...

I've never had corn bread dressing, but I bet I would really like it.

hippos toes said...

Sounds like a great holiday with all the family around.

Diana - FreeStyleMama said...

Yummy...cornbread dressing!

Momstart said...

cornbread sounds good I can't believe I'm this far behind that I haven't seen your day four yet