Friday, November 14, 2008

MomDot Blog Party-Day 3

Here is today's question:

Have you started your Christmas shopping yet? Do you budget for the holidays? Do you always stick to your budget? Share with us any budgeting tips you may have!

Actually, I usually start shopping on December 26. I always go shopping that day, and if I see something I think someone on next year's list would like, at a great price, I buy it. I also buy throughout the year. If I'm out looking for, say, socks, and I see a book my friend has been talking about, I'll go ahead and get it then. It's easier for me to remember things people have mentioned they want if I buy it soon after they talk about it. If I wait until October or November, I'll be lost!

We do budget for the holidays, and it's probably a lot less than most people do. I just don't think that Christmas Day is the day when you make everyones' dreams come true. It's not realistic, and it's not what the season is all about.

We usually go over our budget! Not by a lot, but it's rare when we stick to it. We (and by "we," I mean "I") write down everyone we have to buy for, and ideas for gifts. We usually spend a set amount on each person on the list... except for Christian & Cullen... they get a little more! ;)

If you want to see other holiday budgeting tips and experiences, head on over to MomDot!

Day three blog party question is brought to you by Appledonia, Hippos Toes and My Bag.

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm all for starting on Dec 26th. How smart! I'm usually broke by then...hmmm.

Staci said...

After reading how so many people start shopping early, I'm promising myself to do the same this year and save myself a ton of stress!

ccswch said...

I think it's wonderful to start the day after Christmas, so many great deals can be found!

Tena said...

I am going to give this a shot.. starting to shop on the 26th!

~Michelle~ said...

That's a great idea, starting on December 26th - I could *never* be that organized! I bet you find a lot of great deals that way!

Momstart said...

Day after Christmas and all the New year sales are awesome

Cathy said...

I agree! Starting the day after Christmas is a great idea!

Diana - FreeStyleMama said...

We don't budget, but I am a cheapsake...maybe $30 or 40 per kid at most!