Sunday, November 23, 2008

MomDot Blog Party-Day 10

Do you decorate for the Holidays? Do you have a themed Christmas tree? Share pics! Do you think there is such a thing as OVER decorating?


Who doesn't decorate for the holiday? Scratch that. My mom doesn't. She usually gives some load of bull about not being at home to enjoy it, blah, blah, blah, since they're usually at Disneyworld at Christmas, blah, blah, blah, life is so hard, feel sorry for me, blah. ;) Love ya, Mom!


Yes. I decorate. No, I don't have a themed Christmas tree, although it is fast approaching that. I buy framed ornaments from Pottery Barn each year. This year we'll be up to 11. Adding three a year (starting next year) will very quickly make our tree a photo tree. Which I'm okay with. It's fun to look back at all the pictures as I hang them on the tree, and choose which one to add this year.


I don't know about over decorating. I just love Christmas. My Gramma used to even decorate her bathroom. I remember a toilet seat cover she had, that when the lid was down, showed Santa smiling, but when the lid was up, he was covering his eyes! I always got a kick out of that. When I was little, my mom had boxes and boxes of Christmas stuff, and decorated everywhere. I had my own tree in my room, too.

Today's question is brought to you by Organic Blankees, Huddy Buddy, and Baby Legs.

6 comments:

Michelle@lifeinawhirlwind said...

LOL about the toliet seat. That is hilarious. I love the idea of a photo themed tree. That would be really neat to look back and remember the pictures each year.

Staci said...

I love photo ornaments too! Our tree has quite a few already with just one little one, I'm sure it will fill up fast with 3!

Julie@Cool Mom Guide said...

I'm with ya. I figure its only a few weeks, so if someone goes a little crazy, let 'em. They obviously enjoy it. Personally, I don't even put a tree up, but I'll look at yours!

Tena said...

heading over to pottery barn to steal a look at these ornaments you talk so highly of!

hippos toes said...

I love the look of the tree when all the lights are on and the house is dark :)

savvysuzie said...

That toilet seat cover is a crack up!