Monday, November 3, 2008

Milestone

89 days ago I bought a new Bible. I committed to reading nothing else (well, except blogs!) until I finished reading it, cover-to-cover.

I finished yesterday!

I have tried reading the Bible many times throughout my life, but never got past Leviticus (I think!). I never thought I could do it in less than three months.

I bought The Bible in 90 Days from the local Bible bookstore and decided to read only it until I had finished.

I just can't believe that it can be done in such a short time, but this Bible is broken down into manageable chunks (12 pages a day) and it's also a hardback, thin-spined edition. I know that doesn't sound very important, but it makes it really easy to read in bed or the bathtub (where I do a lot of reading!) because it feels more like a novel than the bulky, floppy Bibles I've always had.

If reading the entire Bible is a goal you've always wanted to achieve, but never have been able to, I really recommend trying this one.

4 comments:

Donielle @ Raising Peanuts said...

How awesome! I may just have to check that out.
*and congrats on the baby! It's been awhile since I've been here I guess. :-) I'm due about the same time!

Crystal said...

Wow, that's quite an accomplishment! I've often thought I that I would like to read the Bible all the way through as well, but never seemed to get very far. I might have to give this a try sometime soon.

Anonymous said...

you did what i have tried to do several times. i will have to try this method. then maybe i can also study more about jesus.

Huse Yo Mama said...

YAY!! Good job! our church is doing The Story, which they are making a 31-week program (31 chapters) of the story of the Bible. I'm behind on that already. If, after this study, I'm still a loser, I might have to pick up your idea!