Saturday, October 11, 2008

Book Meme

I know my last post was a meme, but it was fun, and this one should be, too. I found it at Crystal's.

The Rules: Grab the nearest book.
Open the book to page 56.
Find the fifth sentence.
Post the text of the next two to five sentences in your blog along with these instructions.
Don't dig for your favorite book, the cool book, or the intellectual one, pick the CLOSEST.
Tag five other people to do the same.

Crap. It's one of Hubs' crazy war books. He LOVES depressing true war books. This one is BlackJack-34, by James C. Donahue.

My conversation with the forward air controller was interrupted by a tap on the shoulder. I turned and saw that it was Danh pointing to his hand. His thumb had been shot off. I gave the radio handset to Bob and applied a dressing over the stump. He didn't have any signs of shock or pain, so I withheld the morphine.

Yep. Hubs reads all about rainbows and sunshine. Little girls in pretty dresses dancing in fields of flowers. Pink unicorns and sparkly fairies. That's him.

I don't like tagging people, so just let me know if you find this and want to do it. I'd love to see what you've got near you. Probably not some freaked out, weirdo war book.

No comments: