Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Ike Update

Just something quick---

Mil and I will be leaving with the kids either tonight or tomorrow. We're heading north of San Antonio.

We live about 25 miles inland; I can see the water from my dad's house (25 minutes from me), and my brother lives in a tiny little town (40 minutes from me) that's surrounded on three sides by the bay.

I packed up all the photo albums, pictures and home videos. I'm taking the computer, since there are hundreds of pics on here that I never printed. Other than that, just lots of food, water and clothes.

I figure everything else can be replaced.

Praying a hedge of protection around the coast this weekend.

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers! Keep sending them up.


Huse Blog is it Anyway? said...

Girl, I can't even imagine. I'm so glad you're getting out of there. Be safe!!!

Erin said...

best of luck to u and the kids! good thinking about packing up the photos and videos. everything else can be replaced. (although it would be a big hassle i know) will keep u all in my thoughts and prayers. can't wait to hear that u and ur home is safe again!

3girlsmom said...

HEY! Be safe! Praying for safety for you, your entire family, and your stuff!

Jenn said...

I sure hope you and your family (all the extended ones too) are doing well. I also hope your stuff is okay. While it can be replaced, what a headache.

Praying for your safety until I hear from you!