Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I hate Ike!


So. How's the weather where you are?
We'll be leaving soon. The last hurricane we stayed for was Claudette, and when it made landfall it was a CAT1. It was pretty scary, and we were without power for two days. Most people around here lost their fences. A portable building landed on ours. I thought the wind was going to blow the French doors open, even though they were boarded up and we had the couch in front of them.
I just hope my house is still standing (where I left it!) when we come back. And by "we," I mean the kids and me. Hubs has to stay. He was elected (by the Chief, the Fire Chief and the Sheriff, while he WAS OUT OF TOWN!!!) to be the emergency operations commander, so he can't go anywhere. He just got home and said coastal towns will probably begin evacuating tomorrow.
I really hate this.
Please be praying for everyone in this area.

5 comments:

Jenn said...

You've got it! Stay safe! I hate that we get stuck holding down the fort at times like this.

Crystal said...

Y'all be careful and stay safe. I'll say a prayer for you. Hopefully Ike won't do too much damage.

Melissa said...

Stay safe! I'll keep your hubby in my prayers since he has to stay!

ChefDruck said...

Tracye,
I'll be praying for you that Ike is as weak as Hannah was. Best of luck to you and your family.

Lori - The Simple Life at Home said...

(((((Tracye))))

I have been through my share of them, including Hurricane Andrew. They are scary monsters, IMHO. I pray that you, your kids, your hubby and your home will be safe and protected. Remember - it's all just stuff.

How far inland are you? Where are you evacuating to? I'll be praying. God be with you.