Friday, August 22, 2008

Mimi's Visit... and more cake pictures

We got a call last Saturday, around 9 am, from my mom. She and her husband were flying down, spur-of-the-moment, and would be at our house around four. So I jumped out of bed (a good two hours early) and began working on her birthday cake. It was chocolate with chopped-up caramel-filled Hershey's kisses inside.

Anyway, they sneaked up behind Christian and stood over her shoulder while she finished decorating it.

We drove to a beach town about an hour away and had dinner. Here's my sis-in-law with sweet nephew #1, Colton. He's very busy with the drum Christian got at Sea World.


Here's sis-in-law with sweet nephew #2, Cayden (whom the whole fam calls Day-day, but I call my Marshmallow, 'cause he's so squishy and cuddly and soft and sweet):


Here's Mimi with Christian and my sweet niece, Caylee.

And here's my brother's idea of embarrassing my mom by getting the waistaff to get a Minnie Pearl hat from the gift shop and sing to her:

And here's Mimi and Popo. I'm not sure why my mom looks so, um, surprised.




And then back to my brother's house for cake. She turned, um, 57. But we didn't have a seven. But we did have a three. But we only had three singles. So we used a match.


Gotta say, the visit was definitely a short one! They left the next morning. :(

Happy Birthday, Mom!

5 comments:

Huse Blog is it Anyway? said...

Awww...what a great treat! Happy Birthday, Mimi!

And that cake...A.Dorable.

We need to talk. I want one just like it for Lala's 2nd birthday. Maybe you can send me some tricks....or the cake? :-)

Anonymous said...

So did you just mix the chopped kisses in the batter??? 'Cause...yummmm!!!

M-

Tracye said...

I can tell you how to do it, or do one for you... whichever you want.

Yep. Just mixed those babies right in!

Believe it or not, I only ate one caramel kiss.

Talk about restraint!

Jenn said...

The cake looks and sounds divine! I will admit we've done that with the candles as well...blue are 5 years, pink are 2, white are 1...do the math!

Your Mom....looks very young!

Staci said...

Your cake is so beautiful, loved the candles!