Friday, July 18, 2008

A Photographic Extravaganza!

One of hubs' coworkers moonlights at Dillards; whenever they have their major clearances, she e-mails us a few days before. So a couple weeks ago, Christian and I went shopping, for the first time ever, just the two of us. It was so much fun! She and I were both pulling stuff off the racks. She was so cute. She'd gasp and say, "Oh Mom! Isn't this just so cute???"

I loved it. We never left the girls' department. :( I had actually meant to visit shoes and my size... next time, I guess.

Then, The Children's Place e-mailed me that they were having a major clearance. So I shopped online there. I really like their stuff, and usually buy the majority of her clothes from them. On a side note, I got another e-mail from them yesterday. Everything I bought is now discounted even further, fyi.

From both stores, I bought ten pairs of shorts/gauchos, eleven tops, five pairs of shoes, and one swimsuit. I spent about $185, including tax and shipping! I just wish my clothing were as economical, not to mention cute! The really good thing about living down here is that all this hot weather usually lasts into November, and then comes back around March.

The stuff from The Children's Place arrived today, so I had Christian try everything on. I told her I would give her a nickel for every outfit she tried on (this probably won't work for me next year!), but after three outfits, she was tired, and needed "a break." My mom lives in Nashville, and can't see Christian's back-to-school wardrobe, so she told Christian she'd send a quarter for every picture Christian let me take of the new clothes... so here you go Mimi!









While she was trying on clothes, getting her picture taken, and dancing around, she paused long enough to say, "I was meant to live like this."
I'm sorry. What???
Where the heck did that come from???
Oh, and Mimi, you might want to head to the bank next week!



2 comments:

Megan said...

That is hilarious! (I was meant to live like this) Too cute!

Thank you SO much for your sweet words and encouragement! It really meant a lot to me and I read & re-read it many times because it was so encouraging. Thank you again!

Jenn said...

She's a doll....and apparently an accomplished model already!!!

You got a great deal...I almost spent $60 today to use some Gymbucks, then decided to wait. My kids have more clothes than they will ever wear.