Saturday, July 26, 2008

I'm sooooo tired. And my hands hurt. Really bad.

So bad, in fact, hubs was making many jokes at my expense last night.

Remember that Harry Potter cake? The one I finished late Thursday night? Well, after I cleaned up the kitchen, I checked my e-mail. And read this:


Did you get the cake delivered today? I was going to call my daughter but hate to spoil the surprise. I may call her and check anyway, since I want to see if she liked the cake.


Um... that would be the cake, that at that very moment, was sitting on my kitchen counter, waiting to be delivered the following morning. I seriously freaked out. Apparently, I got the day and date mixed up/wrong. It was completely my fault. I tried calling her, but it was almost midnight, and couldn't reach her. So I e-mailed her that, no, in fact I had not delivered the cake. You know, on the day she had asked me to deliver it. I apologized profusely, and offered to deliver it whenever and wherever she wanted, and refund her money. Then got in bed. Sick. And dreamed that I delivered it to her daughter and the daughter laughed and said that today was actually her birthday and everything was fine.

I woke up early and began trying to call her. I finally got her, and she said it was no problem. Her daughter's birthday is actually Sunday, but her co-workers usually leave at noon on Fridays, hence the Thursday delivery. I breathed a huge sigh of relief, said "Hallelujah" and "Thank You, Jesus" a few million times, and went to deliver the cake.

Except I got the building wrong. (I know. I am seriously too stooopid to be allowed to operate an oven, much less a motor vehicle.) So I had to carry that cake, which weighed quite a bit, a considerable distance across the university campus to the correct building. And then wait while random people stopped me to admire it. (Which, let's be honest, I really don't mind.)

What I'm taking a bajillion years to say is this: my hand, wrist and forearm really hurt. That's what hubs was making fun of me about.

But here's part (albeit a small one) of why it hurts:

I baked and carved this yesterday, and decorated it last night. Which means, after my forearms and wrist and hands were already tired, I had to knead and roll out much more fondant.
But it's cute, eh?

A friend of mine (that I used to work with) ordered it for another friend of mine (that used to work with us). They now work together, for a different company. Today's her birthday. She's into fashion (what girl's not???) and loves pink. So she gets a pink purse.

Happy Birthday, Vern!

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Hey, I didn't see this one! Girl, you have it goin' on! Your foodwriter pens did fine I see. Looks very neat! Purse is great. Love all the details.

Tracye said...

Thanks! I still think yours is much neater, though!

Erin said...

that cake is so creative!!! u do such an awesome job!

Tracye said...

Thank you!

Sarah said...

Ok, Charm City Cakes, watch out! I came over here (since I don't have to try and win that necklace anymore -- good gracious), and I was browsing down. "Oh, what a cute bag." HOLD UP. It's the cake! That's AMAZING.

Staci said...

That's amazing! You are really talented!