Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Harry Potter, Yea or Nay? And other random stuff.

Let me start by getting this out of the way: I HATE MY CAMERA!!!

I am working on a Harry Potter cake. And I must confess, I've never read any of the books or seen any of the movies. There. I said it. I'm fully aware I'm THE LAST person in the free world who hasn't. Whatever. I'm coping.

Moving on, here is the very blurry image of his head.

Do you see the resemblance? Will it pass for Harry Potter???

His body will be sculpted out of cake tomorrow. It's the first time I will attempt sculpting a person out of cake, so I'm a little nervous. I've made many people out of sugar, (here, here, and here, for example) but never out of cake.

So I haven't posted in a while. I'm nursing a serious sunburn. On my legs. Okay, the front of my legs. It seems I went way overboard applying sunblock to the kids (they got coated six times between the two of them; Cullen four times, Christian two) and kind of forgot my lower extremeties. Give me a break. At least I got my face and arms.

We went to a waterpark that's geared toward small kids. Hubs, Christian and I had a great time. Cullen spent his day crying/whining/an annoying combo of the two and sleeping. On me. Which probably explains why my chest isn't sunburned.

Here's Christian crossing the lily pad obstacle course.





And there's Hubs, trying to ignore the fact that he's got a 19 month old screaming in his ear. He's doing pretty well, dontcha think?

And, in closing, here are pictures of some land we're considering buying. It's no Pioneer Woman ranch or anything, but it would suit us. And allow us to have a horse or two. And the dog. And the rabbit. And some chickens. And anything else Christian suckers Hubs into buying her. :)





It is literally wall-to-wall trees. Or should I say fence-t0-fence?

In all honesty, there is a bit of this:

And just a tiny bit of this:

But mostly it's just this:





That's all.

Come back tomorrow for Harry Potter in all his glory.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What abouth the scar on his forehead? I could not see it clearly. HArry has a lightning bolt shaped scar...it is his trademark.

Just a thought....

M'lissa

Tracye said...

THANK YOU!

Like I said, I know NOTHING about Harry Potter.

Which side is it on?

I looked at many, many pictures of him, but I could only see a lightning bolt on the cartoon versions of him. I thought it was just a weird shadow or something.

Mzzterry said...

YEah, he has to have the scar on his forehead. I think its in the middle, but it has been a long time since I read a hp book and we don't have one here in the house! Nice look though!!

Congrats on becoming a land owner =) cactus & all! There is something special about qwning you own little spot o' dirt!

Jenn said...

I know nothing if HP...I've pretty much ignored him and all the hype.

The water park looks like a blast and the acerage looks really pretty.

Sunburn stinks. Hope you feel better soon!