Sunday, July 13, 2008

Ducky cake

A cousin's baby boy is turning one, so they asked me to make the cake.

It's a rubber ducky/luau theme. Here's the invite:

And here's my cake:


It's a white cake, with buttercream and fondant. The Happy Birthday banner is white chocolate, and the "sand" is toasted cake crumbs.



It doesn't look as big as it is. This cake is ten inches across, and about a foot tall. It will probably feed close to 50 people.

Hubs took the kids to his parents' house yesterday so I could work, uninterrupted, in peace! It took literally the. whole. day.

But I think it turned out cute. Hubs really seemed to like it, except he said it doesn't look like cake. He thinks it looks like molded plastic. Which is, you know, oh so appetizing.

9 comments:

Becky said...

Oh, it's adorable! Your cousin is so lucky to have your talent. : )

Erin said...

i love it!! i love ducks and that is so cute!!! u have some talent going on there girl!!

Anonymous said...

the cake tasted as great as it looked. everyone was wowed!!!!! what a great day. thanks for all your hard work and effort put into a cake for a one year old. the family was blown away by your talent. not that we did not know you had it but this is over the top...(that was the opinion of everyone there) thanks again...

Anonymous said...

You must be so lucky to have a wonderful husband who gives you time to do such things. I bet he is the greatest. And a looker too.

Steve n Vickie said...

Wow! You did a great job. I wish all mine turned out that well. I just popped in from another blog, and had to say, It's just adorable.
Vickie

Jenn said...

WOW!!!! You have an amazing talent...and you husband is awesome for giving you the time to get that done!

Jenn said...

...your...

(one day I will proof read what I write...)

Tracye said...

Thank you all!

It was fun to do.

And my husband thinks very highly of himself, eh?

:)

Lisa said...

Girl, I've been missing out on your awesome cakes. I need to link you on my blog. Let me know if that is a problem.

This cake is ADORABLE.