Friday, June 27, 2008

MAJOR CAKETASTROPHE!!!

My pediatrician's husband, who's a cardiologist, is having a birthday tomorrow. At an office visit last week, I took my cake photo book with me, just to show her what I've been up to... she was afraid I'd be bored when I decided to quit my job last year.

Anyway, she loved the pictures, and asked me to do a cake for her husband.

She wanted a heart cake (a real model, not just the traditional love heart!) but decided against that since it would probably be unappetizing.

I told her I'd sculpt her husband out of sugar, and set him on a cake. She seemed excited about that, and mentioned a stethoscope.

I seriously misunderstood her, because she called Wednesday to see how everything was coming along. I told her my idea, of having her husband standing next to a hospital bed made of cake, "talking" to a patient. She said, "Oh."

Oh?

"I thought it was going to be a stethoscope."

Major arrhythmia here.

So, long story short, I made a stethoscope out of cake.

I have to go deliver it now, but I'll be back in a while to post pictures.

In the meantime, pray that she develops some sort of (temporary) eye problem that makes her see a really beautiful cake that actually looks something like she imagined!

2 comments:

Lori - The Simple Life at Home said...

Well, this should be interesting! I can't wait to see the pictures of how it turned out. I can't even imagine.

And look at you! All written up in Rocks In My Dryer and everything. :::Sigh::: you are just getting to be too famous!

Tracye said...

Funny. Famous. Ha!