Monday, May 12, 2008

Princess Cake

My brother's mother-in-law's office has a monthly birthday party for anyone whose birthday falls in that month. This month, she's responsible for providing the cake.


There's only one person celebrating a birthday this month, and she loves pink, loves roosters, and they all call her Princess. Apparently, when the office has a get-together, Princess sits with her feet up and sunglasses on and observes the preparations/clean-up.


So this is what I did:



I really, really hate my camera. I just can't seem to take a good picture with it.


The "Princess" is holding a scepter... which is half the size it was last night. Cullen almost didn't live to see today, but that's another story.

I sculpted two pink roosters, but left them out of the picture.


The cake turned out really cute, but it just wouldn't be one of my cakes if I weren't wishing I had done something differently!


I just hope it makes the trip... the party is 30 miles away!


My brother's father-in-law picked it up an hour ago. When he told me he didn't think it would get too messed up in the bed of his truck, I just about fainted. Now that man is a great husband! Cooks dinner every night (talk about mad skillz, I'm saying good food, people) and cleans up and does the dishes afterward!!!


I just wish he'd write a book.


Teach a class.


Something.


Hubs, are you reading this? ;)


Is this thing on?


Hello?


(crickets)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, yeah. I read it. He is retired and stays gone hunting all of the time. And his wife never complains about it. I wish she would write a book. I guess you did not read my comment in the previous "blog" area. Love you and miss you.

P.S. Where are my cookies? I am homesick and wanting some home made snacks.

Jenn said...

Seriously cute! I am sure she will love it.

What kind of camera do you have? It looks like your focus is wonky.

This site made me think of your lovely cakes! http://www.thecakebox.org

If I didn't say so yesterday Happy Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

you are wonderful...the boy can beg all he wants... better make it up to you big time...the cake was beautiful..so talented..cullen is innocent....listen to me-ha ha he is innocent.. look at that face..his sister is a doll. two perfect children... messy, noisy and cute.with a wonderful mother who puts us all to shame with her baking.. i usually burn everything or at least scorch it...have a great day tracyecakes..

Huse Blog is it Anyway? said...

hey girl, I should totally get your email address, so I can just email you back, rather than putting a (what seems to be)0random comment on your page.

Anyhow, with the coupons....I actually printed out one of each of them and then copied them. I've been doing from the beginning and never had any problems with it; a lot of the manufacturers' coupons (like on fullcup) ask you how many you want. So, I don't see that as being any different???

btw, my email address is huserachel@gmail.com - email me, if you don't mind, so I have yours on hand.

Anonymous said...

The cake looked amazing. You did a terrific job...you've got "mad skillz"! Thank you for the cookies, they were awesome. Apparently, Colton's Pre-K teachers emailed him during the night and said that it's now okay to bring cookies as a snack. In the past they only wanted healthy snacks. So he grabbed the cookies this morning and requested one for his snack. I told him that was fine, well, it broke so he had to eat that one. 'Can't have a damaged cookie at snacktime. Then he upped the ante and said he needed two for snacktime.
Yeah...father-in-law can cook, but he's not shy about praising he's ability all the while, nor shy about commenting on everyone else's lack of cooking skills. Gotta love the old codger, though.
Keep up the good work...
Cullen needs another hair cut.
HA!!!!!

Tracye said...

I just want every single one of you to know how much it means to me to read your comments!

It makes my day... whether it's begging for cookies, helping me out with problems, just saying "Hi," or whatever, I really love seeing it.

Thanks to all of you.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, yeah. I agree with the Cullen needs a hair cut comment. I will hook him up when I get home. High and Tight!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Someone (me) went to Charm City Cakes today! You cannot see in, because they have the windows covered with black plastic. I took some pics for you. I will download them when I get a chance.