Sunday, May 18, 2008

My Life As a Semi-Single Parent... or, An Epic Post. You decide.

It's been such a busy week.

Monday I made the Princess cake. Tuesday Christian had a tee-ball game. After Bo got out again. The lawn guy must have left the gate open, and didn't notice him sneak out. Both gates were shut tight when I got home. Luckily, some boys from down the street found him, read his tag (thank you Jesus!) and brought him home! Wednesday... I don't remember. Thursday I took Christian to the dentist. That night, she had another tee-ball game. Friday I spent a few hours with my friends Amy and Tuffy, who were visiting from Chicago. I've known them since seventh grade! That night, one of Christian's friends spent the night. They stayed up late, and then woke up at six. thirty. in. the. morning. Hello. Saturday? The only day I don't have to wake up at six. thirty. in. the. morning. Then they woke Cullen up, and it was all over but the cryin'. For me, that is.

Saturday Christian had her last tee-ball game. Woot!

It was supposed to start at 2:00. We got there at 1:30 for warm up. Incidentally, how much warm-up time do six year-olds need? I mean, it's not like they're playing against Craig Biggio. The ball rarely even makes it to the outfield. Whatever.

Anyway, around 2:15, my dad starts grumping about when the game's going to start. It was about that time we noticed our team was the only one on the field warming up. What??? Turns out, the other team thought the game started at 4:00. So everybody left, with instructions to return at 3:30 for the second warm-up session. Ugottabekiddinme. We didn't leave; instead, we chased Cullen around the park (during which time he got into fire ants. Twice.) and tried to placate him. It was a beautiful, cloudy day, which kept the temperature near a tolerable 78 degrees. Until the game started. Then the clouds disappeared, and so did the cooling breeze, as temps climbed up to around 88. Translation: we all got a mild sunburn.

They won their game (all three games this week!) and then we went to the end-of-season party. It was like Disneyland. They had a Texas Train (which is a home-made train... made out of barrels with seats bolted in and wheels bolted to the barrels, and pulled behind a four-wheeler... it's actually really fun!) a jumping castle, a swing set, a tree house, a trampoline, and at the end of the night, a fire pit complete with a marshmallow roast.

Cullen found the dessert table. He got a cookie, walked about five feet, which was the distance it took him to stuff said cookie into his mouth and swallow it, then turned around, went back to the dessert table and got another one. Repeat this process five times, and you have a picture of Cullen's time at the party. Wait. I forgot the part when I lifted him up on the slide, and then slid him down about five bazillion times. He loved it. He also found himself a little girlfriend. There was a baby girl (I think she was about a year old) with just the reddest hair you have ever seen in your life. We all turned around, and there they were. Standing about a foot apart, just staring at each other and smiling. It was about the cutest thing you've ever seen in your life. Oh yes it was.

Christian and Cullen had a blast, and threw a fit when it was time to leave. Luckily, my stepmom had given him a bath and put his jammies on him (yes, I took him to a party in his jammies. it was 8:00 at night. stop judging me.) so all I had to do was throw his butt in bed when we got home.

What a week.

I'm so glad it's over.

And it all starts again tomorrow.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

You had a busy week. I hope you get a few minutes to catch your breath!
How much longer are you on your own? The longest The Cop has ever been gone was 5 days and I only had one kiddo at the time.
Our schedule here is finally back to normal next week. I honestly can't wait!