Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Drama, drama, drama

So the phone rang the other day. I went to the bedroom to answer it, since that was where the closest one was. Lo and behold, there was no phone on the base. I looked and looked, but couldn’t find the bedroom phone.

Christian was at my MIL’s house for the evening. When she got home, I asked her if she knew where the phone was. She got a panicky look on her face and said, “I forgot it.”

Me: “What do you mean, ‘you forgot it’?”

Her: “I took it to Grandma’s house, so I could call you whenever I wanted.”

Me: mental head slap. My in-laws live about 20 miles away. I can’t be sure, but I’m thinking cordless phones don’t work 20 miles away from the base units.

On another note, as you know, my DH is out of town for three months... and when does our fridge/freezer go out??? Last night. When did I realize it? This morning. So who had to tearfully call every repair man in the book today? That would be me!

Could I stop myself from opening the doors to check how cold it was even though everybody told me to leave the doors closed as much as possible???

That would be a no. Big no. Heck freakin no.

The popsicles went first. Which is fine with me… but when the cheesecake starts to defrost, it’s serious. I mean, I can’t just let that go, right?

Most places I called couldn’t get out here until Monday. Monday??? Hel-lo. It’s my freezer, people! And the fridge! I would have to, like, not cook, for, like, six days. I have cakes to make… I can’t be without my fridge/freezer! I finally found a repair man that could come out today… after lunch sometime. Sometime???

I was getting desperate, so I called one of our friends, who drove up with 30 pounds of dry ice, just minutes, literally minutes, after the repair man got here. An hour early. This man’s got mad skillz. It took him all of twenty minutes to fix it. I am happy to report that the temperature is going back down as I speak, and everything within has been saved.

I know this because I have been diligently opening the door to check.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

omigosh, I love it! When our power goes out I constantly open and close the fridge to see what the temp is! Glad your fixed!