Saturday, May 31, 2008

Another "Two-Cake" Week

A friend of mine wanted me to make her daughter's birthday cake this weekend. Something really similar to what I did for Christian's teachers.
Then, the guidance counselor at Christian's school asked me to make the "smash" cake for her granddaughter's first birthday. That same day, she asked me to also make a swimming pool cake.

Three cakes! One weekend! No babysitter!
But then, my friend had to cancel, thank the Lord. There's no way I could get all that done.

Here's the smash cake:

She asked if I could make the birthday girl and her two sisters out of sugar. So, here's the fnished piece:

Here's the birthday girl... notice the tooth?

I think it turned out really cute. I cut all those tiles (around the pool and on top of it) one by one, and had to glue them on individually.

It was a fun cake to make. Christian wants one for her birthday. Which is, you know, almost 300 days away!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

I like each one better than the last!

If you weren't so horribly far away, I'd be after you for a pool cake for Sweet Pea's first birthday in July!

The detail is amazing!

Lori - The Simple Life at Home said...

I cannot imagine the patience it takes to do these cakes. Half the time I make a cake, I'm tempted just to sprinkle on powdered sugar and not even bother with the canned icing.

They are beautiful!

Tracye said...

Thanks!

They take for-evah, but they're so much fun to do.

I wish I could make all my bloggy friends cakes. But I'm thinking the rocket scientists in our postal system would probably lose them in transit, and think "Fragile" and "This end up" only suggestions.

Huse Blog is it Anyway? said...

seriously - you are amazing. Where are you in TX again? I would probably drive out to get one from you!