Thursday, April 3, 2008

I'm really stressing out over this!

Okay. The school I used to teach at is having a fundraising auction Sunday. I agreed to donate a cake to the auction, and $$$ off a future cake. They said they'd like me to put the school's mascot logo on the cake and e-mailed me this:





They're the Cougars.

Anyway. I don't know how to pipe... I've never done it... which is why my cakes are ALWAYS decorated with fondant. It's not that I'm a fondant snob... it's that I'm a piping moron. I just finished this, and am wondering what you guys in bloggyland think... should I scrap it and start over? Attempt it in fondant??? If you've never commented before, NOW'S THE TIME!!!


BTW, the icing's supposed to be navy blue.

10 comments:

Huse Blog is it Anyway? said...

Love. It.

Anonymous said...

i think it looks great

Anonymous said...

Very good...you have to start somewhere. What better place than a fundraiser. I mean you get cake!! The decorations are just the icing!!(total pun intended!) It looks really good and when are you gong to come to SA and make me one!!!

M'lissa

Jenn said...

That looks really good! I'm impressed with your "non-piping" skill. The thought crossed my mind...could you pipe it in melted chocolate. See to me, anything with chocolate is amazing.

Erin said...

better than what i could have done. u have a true talent

Tracye said...

I probably could pipe it in chocolate... which would definately taste unbelievable!

That is, assuming I could do it twice!

Tracye said...

Thanks guys! I feel okay about it.

Anonymous said...

That is great dear. Miss you and love you.

jamie said...

It looks excellent. Truly! Keep it!
Thanks for the prayers!

Tracye said...

M'lissa-

I'll bring a cake to SA. I believe Duff charges $125 an hour for delivery... but I think I may be able to help you out!

I miss you!!!