Monday, April 28, 2008

7 Random Things

Robyn tagged me to write 7 random things about myself. Quite some time ago. Which brings me to my first random thing:

1. I am a horrible procrastinator. Why put off for tomorrow what you can do next week? As the line from a fave movie goes... "I'll think about it tomorrow."

2. I have a terrible memory. You can pretty much make up something we did together, and I'll believe it. I won't remember it, but I'll believe it. Which, I think, is what my brother does all the time. He's always "making up" something stupid I did when I was little. It's all lies, I tell you. Terrible, terrible memory. Except for useless knowledge. My memory for that is limitless.

3. I will do just about anything to get out of exercise.

4. I love crafting. Give me a good craft project, and I am in my element. Which is probably why I like making cakes. It's just like crafting, except it's edible.

5. I grew up never wanting kids, but now I have two, and want more.

6. I love a good nap... especially when it's raining and thundering.

7. I don't tan. Ever. I'd like to, I just don't. I burn, and then go back to pasty white skin. Seriously. My skin is the color of raw chicken legs in the grocery store. Stand back, men, I'm taken! :)

I'm not going to tag anyone. If you want to do this, leave a comment and I'll check yours out. I'm on puke patrol. Again.

Friday Christian woke up at one a.m. throwing up all over herself. I cleaned her up (and the carpet, and her sleeping bag, which thankfully she was sleeping in on top of my bed) and kicked her out of my bed to her room, lest she throw up on my "muy costoso" Neiman Marcus duvet cover... dry-clean only... what was I thinking??? Anyway. It was a good thing I did, because 30 minutes later, she was at it again. She pretty much threw up all. day. long. At one point I was patting her back (for some reason she is incapable of puking without me) and praying over her. I was whispering healing to her body. I paused whispering as she heaved again. She softly said a weak, "Amen." She's so precious. I really wasn't expecting her to even realize I was praying over her.

I had some phenergan suppositories, but she would have nothing to do with it. Not that I blame her.

Finally, I was deperate, and called her BFF's mom, who graduates from nursing school next month. She's already working in pediatrics at the hospital, so I figured she could help. She asked if I wanted her to come over and try giving Christian the suppository. I thought, "If that's how you want to spend your Friday night, be my guest." She gave it to her, no problemo. Wouldn't let me (not that I mind) but would let her friend's mom. She hasn't thrown up since.

Except at noon I was about to waste some time reading all my favorite blogs, clean up around the house, when I got a call from the school: Christian threw up in class. Fabulous. I brought her home, and she's been in the bathroom ever since. Only this time she's on the toilet instead of in front of it. I'll let that sink in...

So I guess we're going to the doctor tomorrow. Again.

6 comments:

Erin said...

i know that day will come eventually for me...so not looking forward to it!

3girlsmom said...

Bless her heart! The weak "amen" is the saddest/most precious thing I've ever heard. Hope she gets over it quickly. Also, right this moment, I'm not sad you live in TX and I live in AL. I want the throw ups FAR from me. When she's well, I'll go back to being sad about the distance between us. I bet we'd get along for real outside of our blog lives.

Tracye said...

Erin, usually it's pretty great... but the vomit fairy (who apparently really likes us) makes time draaaaaaag. I'm wishing for Seinfeld's streak right about now.

Robyn, I'm not going to take that personally! I want the throw ups FAR from me, too. I think you're pretty cool, and I'm sure we'd be like peas'n'carrots!

kelsey said...

Poor Christian! Hope she gets better SOON, for her sake and yours. I'm under the weather, too, with strep throat. As bad as it is, I'd still probably take it over a nasty stomach bug.

Tracye said...

I HATE strep throat! Feels like swallowing chunks of glass.

Like liquid lava being poured down your throat.

Like a sword-swallower's first day on the job.

Like... you get the picture. I'm sorry you're sick. Make Rick wait on you hand and foot... or at least order in some hot soup!

Tami said...

Hope today is better. With 4 kids we've had way to much sickness this year. But Summer's coming!